? about choosing a helmet

bigdaddyk

After almost 30 years of skiing without one, i finally gave in last year. All of my concerns: heat, visability, hearing and weight were dismissed when I tried a Gir o Fuse. I love it and I don't even know I am wearing it. Give it a shot.

id take looking goofy over being a veggie for the rest of my life

Definitely, I wear a helmet always. Everyone once in a while I'm real glad I'm wearing it. Just last week at whiteface I randomly caught a heel edge on a mogul on a black and got the back of my head whipped into the snow. I got up a little shaken and embarrassed. Without a helmet I'm pretty sure my head would have been ringing.

Edited by dthmtluncrn

I never go out without my helmet! It's one of the most important things I own! It's saved my brain quite a few times. Giro is the best out there! Try the Giro Nine or G10 and get it with the Audio Series. Skiing to music is like being in a ski movie on every run.

I prefer the Giro Nine MX or the G10 MX, I do a lot of tree skiing and the visor keeps the snow out of my goggles. It also looks pretty cool too!

Goodluck! PM me if you have any further questions!

Man, my only concern was how goofy I would look.

If you don't want to look like you have a pumpkin on your head, look into a pro-tec B2. They are the best helmets, and the least-goofy looking helmets. (in my opinion.) My scotty arnold B2 was like 75- but that's because it comes with the special audio earflaps. I was reluctant to get one, but after a serious concussion over the summer, i gave in.