When will be Blue's last day? Let the arguing begin!

Old Geezer

They were earnestly shooting for April according to many people up at Blue. We were all placing our bets when I was up there today. I'm making mine when I see whether or not they blow with the colder temps later this week to fill in some of the bare spots.

i really dont know if this was said or not. but blue is closing the 26th. i just called them to see if i could use my BOGOF tickets, and they said yes. so i will be making a trip to blue sometime next week.

yea i guess everyone knew it was the 26th, whatever.

Edited by Shadows

I wonder if there will be parking attendents nexyt season like Stowe/Jackson, and Okemo..... :banghead They'll be hearing lots of crunk hitz... :rock

They will also get a nice view of my butt, becuase I change into and out of my ski stuff outside of the car. I know, I know, I am a classy broad. In my defense though, my legs are 37" long, which makes putting pants on and taking pants off very difficult in the car. BTW, I second tippin the ski checkers.

Edited by sexkitten

Yeah baby, 37 foot long legs...day-am...Bob has his hands full...I'm a modest mo-fo so I put my ski pants on in my his-ouse...when I skied Hunter early season, I put my ski pants on in the bathroom of a mini-mart.... :naughty

Leave it to you to pick out my typo. I fixed it for you, ya picky f#@%. Haha.

We thought about dressing at home, but an hour with ski pants up my ass is not what I call a good time.

Edited by sexkitten

The one day I saw the guys running the ski check put tape over the "no" in "no tipping allowed" and I think they had out a tip jar :lol:

Good for them. Boo to Blue for being to cheap to 1099 those guys so they can get tips. If I were the ski check guys I'd get bitter and start breaking stuff when no one was looking. "F you and your rental skis beeoooch." Hahaha.

Good for them. Boo to Blue for being to cheap to 1099 those guys so they can get tips. If I were the ski check guys I'd get bitter and start breaking stuff when no one was looking. "F you and your rental skis beeoooch." Hahaha.

No tipping is ridiculous...recently the ACME in our town started delivering groceries. After the dude makes 4 trips into the house, he says he can't accept a tip.

Nothing cheap about Blue when it comes to the ski check, it costs them thousands of dollars a year to keep that open. The no tipping thing is so that people will use it and not feel obligated to pay anything.

how is the park holding up

the park was amazing today. probably the best it has been in a looong time. everything was setup perfectly and the jumps were decent because it wasnt too soft, but soft enough. they added a smaller jump up top but it sucks because its so windy and the landing isnt very steep... still fun though.. and they fixed up all of the other jumps. the down-flat-down has like a 6 foot gap onto it now and is setup perfectly.

I'll be there friday from opening to like 4ish, looks like the weather won't melt it away too much between now and then so i'm hoping to see it in good shape. If Blue is worth getting a season pass to it might factor into my college selection. UDel is like an hour and 20 minutes from it, so i could reasonably drive from my dorm to skiing on my off days during the week, but my other college is University of Maryland, and that is like 3 hours from the nearest ski hill. I like a bit of both, but if i could snowboard easily from one and not the other, i'd go with that one. My friends at school are like snowboarding is going to decide where you go to college? And i'm like, hell yea, snowboarding is my life i'll die without going once or twice a week all winter.

No tipping is ridiculous...recently the ACME in our town started delivering groceries. After the dude makes 4 trips into the house, he says he can't accept a tip.

If they allow thoses guys to take tips I'll quit my job and work there .......they'd make a killing. Could you imagine all the lift guys and ski instructors that would be fighting to get that job

I'll be there friday from opening to like 4ish, looks like the weather won't melt it away too much between now and then so i'm hoping to see it in good shape. If Blue is worth getting a season pass to it might factor into my college selection. UDel is like an hour and 20 minutes from it, so i could reasonably drive from my dorm to skiing on my off days during the week, but my other college is University of Maryland, and that is like 3 hours from the nearest ski hill. I like a bit of both, but if i could snowboard easily from one and not the other, i'd go with that one. My friends at school are like snowboarding is going to decide where you go to college? And i'm like, hell yea, snowboarding is my life i'll die without going once or twice a week all winter.

it takes me about an hour and a half to get to blue from philly. uDel is definately south of philly, so i dont really see how you're going to pull off an hour and twenty. its worth the drive though!