Forum Wax & Tool Discounts

RACEWAXdotCOM

There all pretty much the same thing.

I've tested cheaper ones and they fall apart with a lot of use, so I only sell (and use) Ski Man vises; they will last forever. I think my price is competitive, but if you can find a cheaper one, I'll match it and ship it priority for the lowest price I can. If I ship to PA, I have to charge tax. With tax, S&H and Boardstopper vise I can do $95, but if you can find I better price, I'll see what I can do.

I've tested cheaper ones and they fall apart with a lot of use, so I only sell (and use) Ski Man vises; they will last forever. I think my price is competitive, but if you can find a cheaper one, I'll match it and ship it priority for the lowest price I can. If I ship to PA, I have to charge tax. With tax, S&H and Boardstopper vise I can do $95, but if you can find I better price, I'll see what I can do.

I need to replace alot of my tools, so I'll be contacting you later in the winter for some things. :rock

That's about what I got on my SATs..wax on wax off...maybe I should use Ron Jons sex wax for my skis... :rock

Gary Dranow is a gaper...but his methods make Epicskiers drool...yeah boy EEE

If you ski better than....well you...I don't think his methods would help much.

There are certain ideas (different ways to explain current ideas) that I heard from him, which might be good to teach n00bs how to race...

Hmm I haven't heard much from him lately....'999 where were you 3 weeks ago :rofl

If you ski better than....well you...I don't think his methods would help much.

There are certain ideas (different ways to explain current ideas) that I heard from him, which might be good to teach n00bs how to race...

Hmm I haven't heard much from him lately....'999 where were you 3 weeks ago :rofl

As Mark would say, "Whiping off my buck knife."

That's about what I got on my SATs..wax on wax off...maybe I should use Ron Jons sex wax for my skis...

I had an entire round brick of it melt into my car's interior carpet....major coconut rush every time I first opened the door on warm days.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, the new site is finally up! The new site has lots of new items, waxes, tools, etc. at low prices. You will also find tuning tips and waxing charts.

Through October racewax is offering a 5% discount to forum members. The code for the discount is october. This is a storewide discount that is likely to be our most generous of the season. Enter the code when prompted at checkout.

Racewax isn't just for racers; our fast waxes are cheap enough for people who want fun, speed, or big air!

The new site has an orange and gray color scheme. If you see the old blue scheme, refresh your browser. If you still see the blue site, wait 12-24 hours, it may not have spread over the entire net at this point.

Thanks PA SKIandRIDE!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i'm thinking about buying THIS one from you. Will that iron be good for home waxing of snowboards? How many snowboard waxes will that 40g bar of all temp wax last? ...would u be willing to throw in a scraper and some more wax for alittle more for a fellow PASR member...

i'm thinking about buying THIS one from you. Will that iron be good for home waxing of snowboards? How many snowboard waxes will that 40g bar of all temp wax last? ...would u be willing to throw in a scraper and some more wax for alittle more for a fellow PASR member...

My scrapers are high-quality and not plastic cheapo's and consequently I sell them at near cost, so Ican't do that, but I will give you 150g bar of wax instead of 40g.

I get a lot of orders, so you have to make sure you add a note, or follow up with a note to make sure I know it is you.

This offer stands for any other PASR member -- if you tell me, I will up the wax to 150g.

Thanks!

My scrapers are high-quality and not plastic cheapo's and consequently I sell them at near cost, so Ican't do that, but I will give you 150g bar of wax instead of 40g.

I get a lot of orders, so you have to make sure you add a note, or follow up with a note to make sure I know it is you.

This offer stands for any other PASR member -- if you tell me, I will up the wax to 150g.

Thanks!

Thanks for taking care of our members, I really hope they're taking care of you!

so if we go and buy 40g of wax, we will actually recieve 150g? Thats the best wax deal I've ever heard of!! :woot Thanks Dr. D!

No, I think that's when you buy the iron...

He sells great wax. I've been using his pure fluoro powder for awhile now because Ski always has tons of it around, it's really fast stuff :rock

No, I think that's when you buy the iron...

He sells great wax. I've been using his pure fluoro powder for awhile now because Ski always has tons of it around, it's really fast stuff :rock

Oh, not big deal, I'll still probobly be buying some wax in the the near future. I'm looking at my iron now and its just begging to be heated up.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to add a little story here about Dr. D's wax. Last season you may remember we were offered some wax that had been loaned for use on a movie set and came back dinged up. Dr. D. offered this stuff at great prices. I got some for myself. Well, Monday night I slapped some on my skis. It was the green kind, which was only labeled as "cold" wax without any other info on the bars I got. I looked at my other brands, thought it might be a bit on the low end of what might be needed the next day, but I've been pretty cold at the mountain, so I ironed it on anyway. Left the skis to sit overnight, no scraping. Went out the next day which turned out to be MUCH warmer than I expected, naturally. Anyway, was skiing with the dad of Siblet's last boyfriend and we are running along an extended cat track on the mountain (quite long). I get a slight head start, but this man is also a former racer and normally tears down the hill. When I reached the cat track, I lean over a bit and extend my poles out behind me, not really in a tuck just more aerodynamic than standing up all the way down. On and on, on and on, this cat track is going. Finally, close to the end, up he comes, in a total racing tuck. Tells me I am a hard person to catch and I must have waxed up my skis because they are super fast. We get on the chair, he is asking me what I used, did I scrape, brush, etc. I told him I slapped on wax that was theoretically "wrong" for the day, didn't scrape, didn't brush, just left it on overnight and went to the mountain and started skiing. He couldn't believe it. How could it happen that he could hardly catch me when I just slapped the wax on, etc. He is one of these guys who makes a production of ski tuning. His son races and he always insists on doing the guy's skis, thinks he is a better ski tuner than most, etc. Then I told him the history of the wax. He was once again stunned that I wasn't using some "famous" wax and that this was bargain stuff dinged up after use on a movie set. He went back repeatedly making sure that he wasn't missing the key thing about my technique, i.e., I just left the wax on there, didn't remove it from the edges, etc., didn't scrape, didn't brush, nothing, and that I do this almost all the time.

I told him I thought there was more to fast gliding than just wax, that I used to beat people on cat tracks when it had been months since I waxed, but he thinks it's the wax and the pair of skis. Anyway, I think I will be having to lend him some of Dr. D's wax to try. And this was just the plain non-race stuff, not the high end stuff.

Edited by sibhusky

Start writing gear reviews! Wax included. I made one today for a new helmet and pair of goggles I bought. I don't think anyone replied to it or if anyone read it, but its there in case someone wants to search in the future. Lets start building a database of great gear reviews. Rate on 5 star scale, and list pros and cons of the product. I think this would be cool to get goin.