Forum Wax & Tool Discounts

RACEWAXdotCOM

Hi all!

I plan to create a racewax.com discount site for forum members. It may not be up until the Fall, but if you need something now, and I can shave a bit off your purchase, just mention the forum when you buy and I will do what I can in the form of a PayPal refund.

:rock sweet dude! I'm def. shopping there next year. I spend a lot of money on wax, so now that i get a discount- it's heaven! Do you sell anything other than wax?

Do you sell anything other than wax?

I sell pretty much everything, and if you don't see it, ask. I buy from Wintersteiger, SVST & FK-Tools (SKS) and can special order anything. Write for a quote on anything they sell that I don't carry; I can usually get you a good price.

Oh, and I should point out, the waxes are all my formulations. I am a chemist by profession.

Edited by RACEWAXdotCOM

I bought mill files, brushes, and a scraper a while back. And I got a small sample of the Fluoromax Cold, which seemed equivalent to Swix LF6 that I usually use.

I can't believe the money I wasted on Cera F...$40 for 8 grams...

So far, everything I've tried has been as good or better than Swix or Toko products.

Hope you don't mind if we end up picking your brain a bit, Dr. D...

I sell pretty much everything, and if you don't see it, ask. I buy from Wintersteiger, SVST & FK-Tools (SKS) and can special order anything. Write for a quote on anything they sell that I don't carry; I can usually get you a good price.

I need all new stuff, especially a more precise sharpening tool (using a crappy swix tuner)...my brass brush is dead, I'll definatly buy from you, support a PA'er, and I believe I've used some of your flouro from Ski999, and the skis were almost too slippery, if there is such a thing :rofl

I need all new stuff, especially a more precise sharpening tool (using a crappy swix tuner)...my brass brush is dead, I'll definatly buy from you, support a PA'er, and I believe I've used some of your flouro from Ski999, and the skis were almost too slippery, if there is such a thing :rofl

It should have been my stuff, I recognize Ski999, he has been buying from me for awhile.

Sometimes I wax my skis to test a product and I can't ski a tight line because they are too fast (I'm not a racer you may have just figured out).

I'll drop a note when the site is up. I am adding new products and I need to get everything settled first before I create the second site.

We need new brushes too. Also, good portable shaker containers for fluoro powder. Hey, Dr D, how about making a minibrush (small enough to fit in a pocket), good for overlays that require brushing?

If you are a chemist, why not patent something that rips on new, dry (squeeky) snow.

Also, an overlay that lasts for several runs.

The list could go on and on... :woot

We need new brushes too. Also, good portable shaker containers for fluoro powder. Hey, Dr D, how about making a minibrush (small enough to fit in a pocket), good for overlays that require brushing?

If you are a chemist, why not patent something that rips on new, dry (squeeky) snow.

Also, an overlay that lasts for several runs.

The list could go on and on... :woot

I looked at mini brushes but they would cost basically the same as regular brushes. Would you pay the same for a smaller brush?

My microfiber waxes over a moly wax base has taken trophies on dry snow. The microfibers are very durable as well. They are popular with Nordic skiers who say the skis are still fast after 42 km.

Click here to read my feedback.

Cool...PayPal is the bomb...and you can usually avoid sales tax..Tomorrow I'm going to check out the site because I've been ignorant to waxing for warm weather conditions.. :rock

I can't cut you a break on taxes sorry. I am a registered business in PA. Since you are all local though, I can spin a discount here or there and refund postage to help compensate.

I looked at mini brushes but they would cost basically the same as regular brushes. Would you pay the same for a smaller brush?

If it worked well I would. Optimally, one would carry fluoro powder, cork, cloth, an alternate overlay or two and a brush. That's in addition to the usual chapstick, hand warmers, misc drugs for aches and pains, money/IDs/insurance cards, rain wipers, comb, ski lock, keys, food, etc. I've had shoulder pain from lugging around too much stuff, and it gives me the physique of Santa Claus.

If it worked well I would. Optimally, one would carry fluoro powder, cork, cloth, an alternate overlay or two and a brush. That's in addition to the usual chapstick, hand warmers, misc drugs for aches and pains, money/IDs/insurance cards, rain wipers, comb, ski lock, keys, food, etc. I've had shoulder pain from lugging around too much stuff, and it gives me the physique of Santa Claus.

All my brushes are high quality. They are either from Sun Valley Ski & Tool (mostly), Wintersteiger (a few), or FK-Tools (one).

Next time I order from SVST, I will buy a couple and I'll post a note here. They are 2" x 4". The horsehair would sell for about $12.00. The other is a brass with a horsehair border.

Thanks!

Miniature is good, Dr. D.

I end up using a champagne cork and a brush I cut in half for NASTAR days, since I don't take them back to my Jeep after a few race runs.

I love the film cannister shakers you have for fluoro and use one for ASRA race days, but I take one of the less-easy-to-use tiny ziplocks for NASTAR, since I freeski afterward and hate any bulk.

And, Doug, you can get by the whole state tax thing if you make your rap label a non-profit...you just have to be creative, like I am with all of my other dozen or so dependants on this MB.

• 5 months later...

I had a crazy summer. Early on I entered an eBay / Entrepreneur Magazine contest, and WON! It was a business boost contest that gave me a free website and consulting on other business aspects. Part of it was a new logo (see my new avatar). I am close to finishing my new website; it will include many new products. It should be up in a week or two.

Funny story... I will be in the November issue of the Mag and they sent out a New York City photographer to take pictures (we did them at Ski Liberty). Anyway, I said, "you must meet some big people in your job" and he replied, "I shot Donald Trump yesteday". So Trump then me... its OK to be number two sometimes :lol:

According to the administrators, I should be able to generate discount codes that you will be able to use at checkout. More later...