Good News

Park Crue

Hi everyone,

Good news for all you Park Rats.

They are widening the top part of Sidewinder. If they do it all the way to the Wall Ride, I forsee a rhythm section with 3 progressively bigger Booters.

Also we bought a new Park Bully 300. And the best Groomer driver I know, [And believe me I've seen a few], Danny, attended Cutter Camp this spring at Mt. Hood again.

We are gonna build more rails this summer. What they are is a secret, but I can say that they are going to be long and oh so mellow....

Also Max and Sabia are at my Summer Camp in France this summer , so they are coming back with new ideas.

All in all Sidewinder Park is gonna step it up. We have the terrain and forward thinking management to make Sidewinder as good and sick as anywhere else. Just pray for cold and snow.!!!

Have a good summer Y'all.

Keith.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

park update for bear wont come out... other mountains pride themselves on attempting to take our rail ideas and other ideas so its best to just keep our mouth shut and not tell anyone anything. sorry but its for the best. on abetter note i truely hope blue can put together a good park. last year was definately a start

park update for bear wont come out... other mountains pride themselves on attempting to take our rail ideas and other ideas so its best to just keep our mouth shut and not tell anyone anything. sorry but its for the best. on abetter note i truely hope blue can put together a good park. last year was definately a start

bummer, you wanna pm with the updates?? :D

i dont know if you have ever been to whistler.... but make the jumps like theirs. they dont have step-downs that destroy your knees because the landings are too short.... they have giant mounds of snow with small lips infront of them on the upslope that are matched with the perfect angle landing.

other mountains pride themselves on attempting to take our rail ideas and other ideas so its best to just keep our mouth shut and not tell anyone anything.

I've seen nothing at Bear that I haven't seen in a video or at another mountain. The 48 foot U-rail or whatever it was callled was amazing, but not a new concept by any means.

Lets keep the competition friendly here Dorsey...

Thanks for the update Keith. Amped for next season!

yeah basically every mountain out west knows how to make jumps... copy theirs

i wasnt only refering to blue here. im want blue to be good because it will just push everything to be better. i didnt mean to be unfriendly by any means, its just the truth. If someone has a good idea u copy it. Bear copys off places and other places copy off bear. its just how life works

Werd. All the snow they get helps sooo much. Its the same idea as a half pipe. Natural snow = easier to get it right. I don't know if anyone has been to Mountain Creek in the summer to see what their halfpipe looks like, but it is amazing. The money and work that went into that thing so that they could have a comp. halfpipe in Jersey must have been insane. I'll try to snap some pics next time I'm up there riding on a weekend. The dirt/stone structure alone makes Blue and Bear look like kiddie pools. Hopefully this winter is decently cold so both mountains can really make some decent snow and use snow to shape the features properly. Dan, Blues groomer, is an awesome guy and hes definitely stoked to get Blues park better and better.

Werd. All the snow they get helps sooo much. Its the same idea as a half pipe. Natural snow = easier to get it right. I don't know if anyone has been to Mountain Creek in the summer to see what their halfpipe looks like, but it is amazing. The money and work that went into that thing so that they could have a comp. halfpipe in Jersey must have been insane. I'll try to snap some pics next time I'm up there riding on a weekend. The dirt/stone structure alone makes Blue and Bear look like kiddie pools. Hopefully this winter is decently cold so both mountains can really make some decent snow and use snow to shape the features properly. Dan, Blues groomer, is an awesome guy and hes definitely stoked to get Blues park better and better.

bears groomer runs over things, he took the edge of off the rainbow rail and bent the flow box, i kinda liked it like that tho...keep up the good work, both mts

I've seen nothing at Bear that I haven't seen in a video or at another mountain. The 48 foot U-rail or whatever it was callled was amazing, but not a new concept by any means.

Lets keep the competition friendly here Dorsey...

Thanks for the update Keith. Amped for next season!

What's up Trev.

You gonna work for me next year ?

You guys should keep this thread going. I want all your ideas and desires for Blue.

Because, we do listen to to what you guys want, and will try to accomodate, if it is feasible.

So keep it coming.

What's up Trev.

You gonna work for me next year ?

You guys should keep this thread going. I want all your ideas and desires for Blue.

Because, we do listen to to what you guys want, and will try to accomodate, if it is feasible.

So keep it coming.

Yeah I definitely am if something crazy doesn't happen.

There are threads on here like once a month of "What are your ideas for the park at Blue/Bear." There are some good things brought up in those threads every once in a while. The overwhelming majority just seem to want jumps that are big but do-able. Instead of the super cheese wedges that are like 10 feet tall with super hard transitions, something with a little bit flatter take-off so that its easier to cork off the lip. Bears jump line in the tube park could have been sweet. The conditions weren't great when I was there so my review of them is biased in that way, but the jumps were also not set-up very progressively. I like your idea for the jump line where they are clearing out more on Sidewinder, it just gets really windy up there which is my one concern. We talked about a few other things at the end of last season that I thought were really cool ideas, and I'd like to see some of those things happen. Whistler in May gave me some nice ideas. If anyone from park crue is gettin together I'd love to roll up.

keith, i think the best thing you could do to improve blue's park is, unfortunately, not really in your hands. the last two weeks of the season or so, it seemed like they were blowing much dryer, softer snow. if they could start making nicer snow sooner in the season, like after they have their base of icy shit down, then coat that with the softer stuff, it would improve things times ten. the lips were better maintained towards the end of the year, i'm guessing because the snow was actually workable. you could also set an edge on the in runs too, which was nice. other than that, like trevor said, just tweak the jumps a bit. in whistler, the lips were just as high as the stuff you guys built, but the transition was much longer and smoother, so it wasnt such and abrupt change. it gave you more time to set your rotation and whatnot. also, longer steeper landings, but that shouldnt be too hard to do once the changes are made to the trail. keep up the good work!

the jumps don't have to be huge but they need the right landing angle. I am trying to remember that number. was it 35-42 degrees? or was that number avalanche related?

Anyhow. I feel that I can speak from an expert observation and say that all the western resorts and some northern ones have steeper landings. I heard over at camelback once that their jumps are purposely designed to skid and skip on the landing rather drop from the sky like a meteor.

If there is one thing (aside from park passes) that I would like to see Bear and Blue improve on, that would be the landing transitions. There needs to be more tables. if you are going to build a step down at 60 feet then heaven help us, give it a decent steep landing.

if you are going to build a step down at 60 feet then heaven help us, give it a decent steep landing.

haha thankyou. i know that is one thing that Blue has to change for this year. many of the lengths they had were okay, its just the transition made you shit your pants.

forgot to say this before, but bring back the stepups. the one you made two years ago on the right side of the trail, where the c box was most of this year, was super fun, and the one you put before the up flat on the first section of the trail was really fun, although a little small. the lip on that jump was nice and smooth and didnt toss you into orbit quite like the others did. also, i think it scared kids because if you came up short, you got stuck in the nice ditch in the middle.

Thanks for the good words.

Trev, I'm gonna set up a meeting in August when everybody is back from France.

Will mosdef let you know.

I don't think wind will be an issue on the new part of Sidewinder.

Also have you guys noticed how the snow on Razors is always decent?... State of the art snow guns.

We will have some new ones on Sidewinder next year.

Tables v. Cheesewedge :

No Park passes means every Tom, Dick & Harriet WILL enter the park and gape.

If every jump was a table, these guys will insist on riding over them, and if they are older 2 plankers make some turns on them, just for the hell of it.

Maintaining lips & landings, when the snow has turned into granular is difficult. Once you ride over a 10' cheese wedge and jar your knees and spine, you kinda think twice before doing it again, unless you clear it.

The point about longer steeper landings is valid and we will address it. This is not to say that we will not have table tops. And Toast, I too like the idea of mound of snow with a lip in front of it.

Anyways, thanks for the input. We are listening.!!

the jumps don't have to be huge but they need the right landing angle. I am trying to remember that number. was it 35-42 degrees? or was that number avalanche related?

Anyhow. I feel that I can speak from an expert observation and say that all the western resorts and some northern ones have steeper landings. I heard over at camelback once that their jumps are purposely designed to skid and skip on the landing rather drop from the sky like a meteor.

If there is one thing (aside from park passes) that I would like to see Bear and Blue improve on, that would be the landing transitions. There needs to be more tables. if you are going to build a step down at 60 feet then heaven help us, give it a decent steep landing.

I know the number you are thinking about, either 28 or 29.