Good News

Park Crue

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevo is on speed... :sprint:sprint:sprint:sprint:sprint:sprint:sprint:sprint

What about if there were certain times like maybe an hour or two per day where the park was reserved for Booter mountain season passholders...park crue could check passes... :rock

no, cause not everyone has a season pass...like me

(yet)

plus, that would be the equivalent of a park pass

Edited by Shadows

They do have a snowcat with a winch on it, but it's more like a crane setup- the orange LMC that sits at the top of the park. They use it to position rails and move them around.

Ya that isn't a true winch cat. Its more like a tow truck cat. Good for picking things up and that kind of thing. In a true winch cat the winch is connected to the drivetrain of the cat. The winch boom sits on the bed of the cat, and is able to rotate 360 degrees so that the cat can groom both ascending and descending, and groom from different angles. Usually there is only one anchor point at the top of the trail, so the boom needs to be able to articulate so that it can cover a larger area. The cat the Blue has with the boom on it is like the ghetto cat. If I'm not mistaken the winch on it is hand operated, like something you would see on a boat trailer. Try using that as a winch cat... Haha.

Address to pic of winch cat...

http://www.juneau.org/ecrestftp/images/winchcat40.jpg

edit:

Found a pic that shows the possibilities that a winch cat opens up...

http://www.home.eznet.net/~vraguso/Book_2/...enbully300w.gif

Edited by freeridintre

u would need chuck norris to use it as a winch cat, but if you had chuck norris you wouldnt need a cat because he wouuld build a world class park with his hands alone... in conclusion that cat is useless unless you have chuck norris!!

on the topic of park passes, blue and bear should just do it like mountain creek does, its like 5 bucks to get a stamp on your pass and that lets you ride the parks, if blue and bear make it like 15 or 20 bucks it should be enough to keep people who are only curious away from buying the park pass

on the topic of park passes

Search it and you'll find everything you need to know about it and just about everyones opinion on here. If you wanna bring it back then find an old thread and start up the debate, but let's not do it on the "Good News," Blue Mountain park update thread. I'd be much obliged.

Search it and you'll find everything you need to know about it and just about everyones opinion on here. If you wanna bring it back then find an old thread and start up the debate, but let's not do it on the "Good News," Blue Mountain park update thread. I'd be much obliged.

It's appropriate.. It's a subject that won't die. why is there so much resistence.

So anyway...

I'm glad to hear that Blue is putting some work into Sidewinder. Of course a few of us wish that we had a trail that was a bit easier to work with, but we might as well play with what we got. I really liked the placement of the up flat rail last season on the first turn. Any other features people like or would like to see again in an improved fashion?

the up-flat was nice. I loved all the flat rails they put in later on in the season. Also near the cracker barrel the flat-down and flat-down-flat were sick. They were gap-on but managable. I had fun on all these rails.

Yeah from what it sounds like we are getting some fun new stuff next season. I'm a bigger fan of stuff you can style it out on more, and is a little less tech.

They were gap-on but managable.

gap-on is the only way to go. not little 6" gaps either... ride on belongs in the crap park.

Yeah from what it sounds like we are getting some fun new stuff next season. I'm a bigger fan of stuff you can style it out on more, and is a little less tech.

i agree. no crackerbarrel... unless they make it mellow and loooong. no more boxes either. rails are 10x better.

Booter mountain has a bunch of boxes from last season and I doubt they're going to just throw them out. The crackerbarrel is a great one to look at but I never saw anybody ride it.. :lol

I saw people ride it but it always looked like death in the making...

Table-tops.....I liked the one where the last big booter was before the steps back around Christmas..much more accesible than the big mo-fo booter they put in later in the season. In the lower park it would be cool if the snowmakers could build a mound after the entrance for skiers and riders could climb for extra speed. That would eliminate the danger of people flying into the park and cutting the line with extra speed coming out of the boardercross. Out of all trails at Blue mountain why did Sidewinder get chosen as the park run? Is the Upper and lower park combined the longest terrain park in the east? Or at least in PA? It's a long run... :rock

for once, i agree with you doug. i liked the table better too, although the landing wasnt nearly long enough. i think they chose sidewinder because it would be the least missed as a regular trail. its definately not the best trail to have a park on by any means.

i remember last season i believe i was on the main street chair and we were talking about how main street would make an excellent park because its so straight and its got a decent pitch to it

I was gonna say I don't agree at all, but you're right maybe it would. They would NEVER do Main Street. There is a greater chance they would do Paradise over Main Street. For anyone who has been to Okemo, Main Street is alot like the Northeastern run they have their big park on. At Blue it would just never work to put a park on a run like that. A ton of different runs drop out onto Main Street. Basically nothing drops into Sidewinder and you cant get there unless you know you are going to Sidewinder.

main streeet would make a good park run, but now that you mention it, it is like the main trail on that side of the mountain and would be utter caos having a park on it.

Thats what I thought. I like Mainstreet. Its a fun little black diamond. I can't ski bumps yet so that would be out of the question.

they couldnt put in random tables due to insurance

NO bumps on Challenge! Thats my favorite trail on Blue. On Chute or Falls would be fine tho

if Blue actually knew how to make bumps Challange would be a good trail... better yet... make Razors one giant bump run that they blow a few inches of the nice fluffy snow on every night. that would be primo.

mountain creek has a winch cat and uses it for all their landings, and their landings are buttery smooth. That will eventually be a necessity at Blue, you end up using less snow becuase you can push uphill on steep sections with it, so the snow ends up on the feature not around it. creek also has an amazing amount of money in their halfpipe but I don't think Blue or Bear or anyone south of MC should bother with it. MC's pipe is amazing but without the Grand Prix it would never be open, it is always a dash to open it up and the weather is just borderline doable even with all of the management behind it as a marketing tool. In areas south where the weather is even worse, and without 110% support by management to it opening early every year, it would be a massive waste (example A - roundtop).

As for sidewinder getting wider, that is awesome. Don't care step down/step up/table they are all fun. I say Blue makes the best lips on a step down around here, but Mountain Creek makes hte best table tops (the table top/hip combo is always a good one btw, setup the table on the side of hte trail with the lip on the inside so you can hit it straight or as a hip)

Glad Blue is my home mountain next year. Better snowguns never hurt - they are all more efficient now saving Blue money and opening the park for us sooner.

More streetstyle/gap setups would be sweet, ride on scare me becuase I'm so used to ollieing/climbing up into the rail from Mountain Creek