Sno Mountain

Ski

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why do most of the major resorts on the West Coast offer mountain biking during the summer?

I really don't know. Maybe because they have hotels, bars, shops, etc. that they want people in. The only area that I know of around here that allows bikes is BC. They have those amenities. It's not the biking they are making money on.

:ph34r:

the whole east coast scene its gettin huge!

I work at one of the only Freeride/DH shops in Philly. The scene around here has collapsed as far as I know. I drive up to Mountain Creek for my kicks everyonce in a while.

Yeah, MS, come to think of it, we'll never even see the water park crap. They confirmed that it'd be put right outside the main lodge and then in between and around the right side upper slopes, like Main St. and Highball.

And it's actually Sn

I'm thinking that the logo is a rough draft. They most likely will change it up a bit, and put more color into it. But who cares about the logo? Or the name? If the skiing is good, then who cares? Critics. :lol:nana

i'm glad they have a moose on their logo, because we see so many of those here in PA.

the logo really looks lame and unprofessional

Toast, you do realize it's situated roughly between Elk and Camelback?.....the moose logo isn't an accident.

Ty and I both spoke...I'll try to recall wtf I said: "Hello, my name is Cole and I'm here representing the paskiandride.com message board and the 900 members who welcome Sno Mountain and wish them good luck on this project. I've volunteered at Bell Mt., Mt. Tom, and Hogback Mt., all of which are now on the pages of NELSAP, which is where Montage was also headed. Every part of Sno Mountains plan is dead on. You have it right."

Then Ty, who was holding her handmade banner, asked to speak: "I love Sno Mountain."

Huge applause.... :lol:

Hahaha.... redemption is a wonderful thing. Props to you ski, I am officially taking you off my shithead list. seriously. Good going! Good job!

i will definetly have to make a few trips up there this year if all this goes through

Yeah... I wanna check it out for sure. Ridge did Montage one day last year, I did zero...

i really hope Blue doesn't pull that crap... if they are going to open for anything in the summer it should be for biking.... but they would never make trails for that.

I predict that blue will/needs to progress with lodging and year around attractions. face it, they have the pumps for the water already set up. I think it is inevitable.

but seriously dude, the name sno mountain....its gay as hell.

yeah.. bear, blue, elk is good.. it sounds too disneylandish.

the logo really looks lame and unprofessional

I dunno, it fits the quality of the name choice. We should start a poll and send them suggestions before it is too late. Since we have so many animal ski areas in the poconos. What is the matter with Moose Mountain?

From today's Scranton Times-Tribune:

Minority Commissioner Mike "Girlyman" Washo pressed the county on delaying the deadline, and wanted to know why an appraisal of the property hadn't already been carried out by the county. He also expressed incredulity that Sno Mountain would invest $1 million in pre-planning if they weren't guaranteed a sale.

The question finally drew a pointed response from (Sno Mountain President) Denis "The Dude" Carlson.

"If we don't get it done by July 3, we don't think the project is viable for this season," he said. "Then we'll step aside and we'll come back next year, when nobody has bought it again."

Hey President Carlson: :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Just to let you know the town at the base of the mountain is named Moosic. Because in the late 1800s the town was filled with moose.

that takes care of the moose, and makes more sense.... now the only thing that bothers me about it is the childlike quality.

that takes care of the moose, and makes more sense.... now the only thing that bothers me about it is the childlike quality.

We'll try and get 'em to tweak it, toast...gotta try and find an angrier moose than Bullwinkle, though:

I dunno, it fits the quality of the name choice. We should start a poll and send them suggestions before it is too late. Since we have so many animal ski areas in the poconos. What is the matter with Moose Mountain?

how about they just keep it montage, do they have any real reason for changing the name...?