Sno Mountain

Ski

new ownership. montage has the reputation of being a failure that loses money. getting a new name out there is good for marketing and a good way to start all over.

good enough reason for me...sno mountain it is

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of Purgatory locals hated the change to Durango...but Purgatory was about as un-family friendly as a name could get.

Come to think of it, I actually grew up on Hell Mountain, just outside of Mountainville, NJ. Anyone else from around there? Or even heard of it?

I totally agree...marketing and perception is huge. Bear Creek makes hella money on summer weddings...I bet alot more than Blue mountain because it's more modern and there's onsite lodging.

I heard from one of the Bear Creek crew that they made way more money with summer things than with skiing/boarding. I still would like to get up there to bike at some point.

Bear serves beer in a pint glass, that is actually made of glass. Blue serves theirs in flimsy plastic cups that definitely aren't a pint. They cost about the same. C'mon Blue!

I heard from one of the Bear Creek crew that they made way more money with summer things than with skiing/boarding. I still would like to get up there to bike at some point.

When I worked at Mammoth they told us that they have more visitors during the summer than the winter.

I found it hard to believe but it's what somebody from upper management told me so ???

doug i acculy got to shot an ak 47 out their. and i really missed you guys. well kind of....... and dont worrie at excaliber i got to play with some swords. and i found out when i got home my bestfriend signed the papers he is going into the USMC. And he needs the dicisplane a lot it will do him good or it will kill him i'm not shure what one is going to happen but one or the other will....

i dont have a picture that you can tell its me. :( I dont do rollercosters. and if your idea about the "hard" part of the marine corps is the songs you have some really messed up ideas. after that phyical training the songs seem relexing. me and him were susposed to go in together but i failed the phyiscial and i got reall really pissed. He's going to be doing recon for 4 years and then another 4 years as marshal arts DI at eaither paris island or san deago. and torrisey stuff. Yes. But what happens in vegas says in vegas. 'except for my fine for under age gammimblaning.

I would expect that from JF/BB this year, with the improvements they are doing and their elevation.

And with there management, the manager at the BB may rail jam, was saying how they were getting 5 million in improvements, and were going to be shooting for a thanksgiving open, and i really think they have the chance to do it. Also just look how much snow was left on the park at BB on May 6th.

After watching the whole meeting, I think that this is pretty much a done deal, now with them even offering more, Sno Mountain will happen. With Cordaros last speech he showed, how much he wanted to get rid of it, and how by monday, they will make a decision. So while i have hated Cordaro, all of his term, i am starting to change my thoughts on him. Also Ski is right, Washo is a bitch. And Ski, you looked so scared being up there on the TV, and what Ty said was great.

I just watched the replay of the meeting. Very cool stuff. I like what they're doing and that presentation was pretty impressive. Doesn't hurt that ski was there repping PASR. :thumb

After watching the whole meeting, I think that this is pretty much a done deal, now with them even offering more, Sno Mountain will happen. With Cordaros last speech he showed, how much he wanted to get rid of it, and how by monday, they will make a decision. So while i have hated Cordaro, all of his term, i am starting to change my thoughts on him. Also Ski is right, Washo is a bitch. And Ski, you looked so scared being up there on the TV, and what Ty said was great.

Yeah, I got the feeling that Cordaros knows it's not the time to be screwing around with serious offers from people that have money. And he did make a valid point when he said that the people who made a bid previously, as well as Snow Time, were more than welcome to have been working on a plan all along. Sno Mountain is the group that stepped up and said let's do this.

Scared? Nervous? F*ck yeah. I HATE public speaking of any sort. I can be a loud mouthed tough guy in a club after a few Absolut Citrons, but that crap reminds me of being in court. I used to be a volunteer legal advisor to a fathers group in Mercer County and often had to present motions in MC Family Court. Picture the angriest most hateful teacher you ever had...then double it, and you have Judge Feingold, who was assigned to most of the cases I worked on. She once held me in contempt because a father I was helping FOR FREE was late. I was handcuffed and sat in a holding cell for five hours.

I'm glad I didn't know that the people who run ASRA were also somewhere in the audience...woulda been worse.

Def. four shots of vodka before the next meeting...

I readily admit Ty showed more nads than me up there.

So, whos ready for the big answer tommorow?

With the local newspaper editorial telling them to slow down and commissioner Washo acting like a b*tch, I'm not loving the odds for tomorrow. I can almost hear them saying, "We got an extra million out of them, lets try and hold out for three."

But my fingers are crossed. It's just another step in negotiations, but a "no" answer definitely means no chance of upgrades for next winter.

Here's the jist of the two proposals:

Sno Mountain LLC, Philadelphia

*Purchase price: $5.1 million.

*Investment: $14 million for ski-related activities and new water park.

*Received by Lackawanna County: June 23 ($4.1 million), June 29 (upped to $5.1 million).

Snow Time Inc., York

*Purchase price: $5 million.

*Investment: $10 million for snowmaking, tubing and related activities.

*Received by Lackawanna County: June 29.

With the local newspaper editorial telling them to slow down and commissioner Washo acting like a b*tch, I'm not loving the odds for tomorrow. I can almost hear them saying, "We got an extra million out of them, lets try and hold out for three."

But my fingers are crossed. It's just another step in negotiations, but a "no" answer definitely means no chance of upgrades for next winter.

Here's the jist of the two proposals:

Sno Mountain LLC, Philadelphia

*Purchase price: $5.1 million.

*Investment: $14 million for ski-related activities and new water park.

*Received by Lackawanna County: June 23 ($4.1 million), June 29 (upped to $5.1 million).

Snow Time Inc., York

*Purchase price: $5 million.

*Investment: $10 million for snowmaking, tubing and related activities.

*Received by Lackawanna County: June 29.

Either one i would be happy. But Snowtime, is looking at 10 million to ski improvents, while Sno mountain just at 6, so it could go either way with me.

you guys know I like to fight the tide. I am voting for Snow Time. Focus on one thing and do it well. With 3 other hills under thier belt. I just feel like they are in a better position to make it work and/or carry the lean years.

I just watched some of Snow Time's proposal on TV. They said that in response to Sno mountain's offer they would be willing to go to 5.1 million too. Of course ski's buddy Washo was singing Snow Time's praises and saying how impressed he was with their 10 minutes to make cheap powerpoint presentation.

I just watched some of Snow Time's proposal on TV. They said that in response to Sno mountain's offer they would be willing to go to 5.1 million too. Of course ski's buddy Washo was singing Snow Time's praises and saying how impressed he was with their 10 minutes to make cheap powerpoint presentation.

Something I didn't realize: Snow Time's sale of Windham was finalized just this January. They flipped Windham, which was far and away their flagship ski area. It really appears like they are looking for a bargain and just want to flip Montage. I highly doubt they'll be investing $10 million. No wonder they gave up so fast when the county said no the first time around. They bought Windham with a bunch of grand promises, then sold it to some locals that had Wall St. money and ties to MLB.

And Washo called Sno Mountain LLC "suspect"?

Snow Time had NO plans on paper; Sno Mountain LLC had reems of architectual drawings, plans, and tentative agreements with SMI snowmakers.

I say Walsho is the suspect one.