Ski Mania Sale

Shadows

what snowboard/boots/bindings brands does nestors carry?

EDIT: nevermind i shoulda just looked on their site....

BOARDS-Axis

Burton

Elevation

K2

LTD

Ride

Rome

Salomon

BOOTS-Axis

Burton

K2

LTD

Ride

Salomon

BINDINGS-Axis

Burton

K2

LTD

Ride

Salomon

Edited by Oakley21

it is the 17th in qtown. we're getting more and more stuff in every day. we just got a bunch of volkl, head, and k2 stuff yesterday, and nitro snowboards should be on the floor any day now. we're finally carrying the karma and mantra this year too. k2's new freeride line looks pretty nice as well.

what snowboard/boots/bindings brands does nestors carry?

EDIT: nevermind i shoulda just looked on their site....

BOARDS-Axis

Burton

Elevation

K2

LTD

Ride

Rome

Salomon

BOOTS-Axis

Burton

K2

LTD

Ride

Salomon

BINDINGS-Axis

Burton

K2

LTD

Ride

Salomon

boards - Axis, Burton, K2, LTD, Ride, Rome, Salomon, nitro, and their might be one other company coming in but i dont remember who it was, i dont really work pipedream

the ski mania sale is usually real nice. my x got a full set up... boots bindings and board for about 250, and it was all burton. they were a lower model binding, but she was like 4'10" and 110 lbs snowboarding for the first time. so i saw no need to advise her into the higher models. i'd have to say that is pretty freaking good price wise. shame i had to get rid of her... now i'm dating a skiier again. ay yay yay, haha.

Does Nestors match prices for online shops?

no, we dont, but if you look into it, you'll find that our prices are really not far off from what you could find online for the exact same product, and we'll give you better service than you can get from any website. if i'm correct, we should have some ski packages (skis, bindings, poles) going for less than 200, but don't hold me to that, as we havent set any prices in stone yet.

just giving you all some more info about the sale... we have a wall of boots from past seasons all going for less than $200. all sorts of different stuff in there, from tecnica icons for the hardcore nastar crew to lange banshee 9's, which are a great all mtn/park boot. we also just got some new salomon stuff in, including the new foil boot, and the foil, thruster, flyer, and gun skis, with the spk boot on the way. we have tons out outerwear and snowboard equipment left over as well, but i cant vouch for specifics, since i only really know the ski shop inventory.

p.s. - MODS - can i get this on the calendar? the sale starts the 17th and goes til the 20th.

Looks like Glenn beat me to it and didn't post :) Either way, it's up!

:ph34r:

What kind of helmets/goggles are going to be available? Also kind of random question, is there a difference between snowboard/ski helmets? From my observations there are style differences, but nothing functionally different.

:ph34r:

What kind of helmets/goggles are going to be available? Also kind of random question, is there a difference between snowboard/ski helmets? From my observations there are style differences, but nothing functionally different.

Depends on what you mean by "functionally." In terms of safety, just check to see that either ASTM or Snell back up a helmet. Snell is usually the better standard in terms of skiing and biking helmets, as they purchase what they test off the wall, which insures that there is no bias in the product they end up testing. I don't consider DOT helmets when talking about helmets to my own customers, because the need is so low that I've met one or two people ever who could back up wearing one.

Look for a helmet that has a high ease of use factor. I have a Giro Fuse and I love it because the majority of the vents are adjustable without having to remove the helmet. I stand around/hike in my helmet quite a bit, and its definitely nice to be able to get some airflow goin on when I'm doin that, and its also a huge plus on the warmer days.

In terms of style, you can pretty much figure out what works best for you so I won't even go there.

thanks for the add to the calendar. as for helmets, everything that's out is leftovers, except for the k2 stuff. most of the new helmets wont come in for a few weeks. we have giro, boeri, leedom, k2, and i think some R.E.D. stuff too. everything we carry is either snell or ansi approved. the snell stuff is held to a higher standard, but a lot of the stuff they test for, like how the helmet functions after being set on fire, doesnt really apply to skiing/boarding. functionally, there isnt really a difference between skiing or boarding helmets, just the market that the design caters to, or the riders the company sponsors. i'm not totally sure of the goggle stock, but i noted seeing a bunch of smith styles sitting around. we havent set a date for the used sale yet, as far as i know. its usually the end of september or early october though, so keep your eyes and ears out for that.

Edited by Justo8484

what day is it best to go? i got to thinkin, last year im pretty sure they didnt have all of the stuff out till the weekend. all i need is a pullover fleece, but might want some other stuff if its a good deal.

and what about ski racks?

Edited by Shadows

What do you guys look for in Ski and Snowboard jackets and pants?

i look to see how waterproof a jacket is, how many pockets it has and if it has a lining and in pants i look for pockets and vents for riding on a hot day.

Edited by K2rider

I also apologize for anything negative I said about Nestors. I bought my old PREs and K2 El Caminos there back in the 90s. I just like online, Eastern Mountain Sports, and Sports Chalet better. But I'm glad that Nestors is doing well....my Mom got ice skates there back in the 50s and 60s on the way to Split Rock..and back then Nestors was in the boonies.. :o

i actually bought my jacket at eastern mountain sports...i was early for a hockey game and stopped in there to look around for a jacket...i ended buying a mountain hardware jacket on sale for a $100. I bought it cuz it was comfortable and very warm for only having a mesh liner. I am very happy with it, great waterproofing, quality is flawless, very comfortable, and good pocket setup...

oh ok i dont know anything about waterproofing um i just got these 686 pants and how good of waterproofing is 10,000 mm? (these pants=amazing though.)

i'm not an expert on this, but i think that 10,000 mm means that your pants are very waterproof