How Many Days Do You Ride In An Average Season?

ThinkSnow

How many days do you ride in an average season  

41 members have voted

1. 1. How many days do you ride in an average season

• <5
    • 6-10
    • 11-20
    • 20-50
    • >50

55 last winter. :rolleyes: That was mostly counting nights as a half day, since I only ski a couple hours at night. I changed to vertical feet this year because it's hard to tell what a day is....is any skiing a day? If I only get a handful of runs in, is that a ski day?

Either way, it's not bad, while working full-time, plus. ;)

Skimom, I do alot of 8-12 skiing due to a evening job 2 hours from the mountain, and yes I count that as a day because I probably get more runs in those four hours than I would in 8 on a weekend... I only got out about 15-20 times last year, but I'm on 11 so far this year... It is definitely tough while working, but hey, that makes it feel better knowing you're working hard and having fun!

previously i would go about 15 times a season. but i think i am going to be heading up much more this year now that i am attending a local comunity college and i have like no classes on a friday, and my classes end fairly early on a few other days. so i am gonna head up as much as possible. i can't wait!

• 2 years later...

'bum digging up the old topics again,haha, well anyway i'd say over the last 2 years i got an average of about 50-55 times, and thats without a drivers license, but i will get my license in september and we will see how many i can get next year

55 last winter. :rolleyes: That was mostly counting nights as a half day, since I only ski a couple hours at night. I changed to vertical feet this year because it's hard to tell what a day is....is any skiing a day? If I only get a handful of runs in, is that a ski day?

Either way, it's not bad, while working full-time, plus. ;)

skimom -

Yes, at C'back any time with more than 2 runs can count as a "day", or perhaps we need a different unit: "outing"? That's why I record "outings", time & runs. It's more like a pitcher's stats in baseball; more pieces of data make it more meaningful.

Do you also notice that near the end of "long outings" you might get a little "sloppy" and make "errors"? I feel that shorter duration outings stress focus on good habits not bad.

Except for this season id say around 10. This year i got 31, since i got my driver license, i would have more if i made more money for gas. That limited me, as it's about 150 mile round trip to the closest hill with a ski lift :banghead Next year i hope to get 50+, well see how that goes.