Helmets

AtomicSkier

what kinda helmets do you guys wear? the full helmet or the notfull helmet? whatss more comfortable. I'm afriad of getting a helmet cause i like to have my peripheral vision (i hate not being able to move my head, sorta like having a hood on)....anyone have problems...what are some good companies? leedom?

I wear a RED (burton's saftey brand). It works great, and it's really light compated to many other's ive tried on as well as alot of RED's line of products from last year. It doesnt affect vision at all because they make the front of most helmets accomidating to goggles. I've never worn my helmet without goggles so I couldn't tell you if it does anything to vision in that case, but i think helmets without goggles look funny enough as it is. Just bring your jacket/neck and face gear/goggles to a local ski shop and try on helmets with everything else on to see what fits best with your stuff.

I wear a RED (burton's saftey brand). It works great, and it's really light compated to many other's ive tried on as well as alot of RED's line of products from last year. It doesnt affect vision at all because they make the front of most helmets accomidating to goggles. I've never worn my helmet without goggles so I couldn't tell you if it does anything to vision in that case, but i think helmets without goggles look funny enough as it is. Just bring your jacket/neck and face gear/goggles to a local ski shop and try on helmets with everything else on to see what fits best with your stuff.

thanks for your help, im goin do some shopping for some new gloves tomorrow (destroyed my current pair) so ill try on some helmets. i still want to be able to turn my head as easily, but ill test that out in the store

I have a blue leedom. It comes down over the ears (insted of having removeable ear flaps.) It is nice adn strong. Had a few nice wipe outs and stuff with it and still strong. I can still move my head around and see the same as if I were just wearing goggles.

I used a Boeri, which was like wearing a bowling ball, last year. This year I changed to a giro helmet. The new one is light, doesn't produce "helmet head", and the ears are removable. Much improved. :D

All name brands have good safety ratings - I'd recommend going for price and comfort/lightness.

Edited by skimom

I was just at the shop and bought that leedom scream that atomic was talking about. Fits very nicely, I get to try it out in the morning! I'll definitely get to find out how warm it is :)

screw you! :o i cant believe you bought that! im gunna get one on sunday, i love the carbon look :wub::wub: