Mt Hood

skimom

• 2 weeks later...
Each 1000 ft. = -3.6 degrees F.

It's also why they sometimes find frozen dead guys with lots of broken bones in the desert.

I think it's supposed to be -6.0 degrees F for every 1000 ft.

They ski Mt. Hood year round, see http://www.timberlinelodge.com/. In late July, Aug, and early Sept., it's basically skiing on the bottom reaches of a glacier. You can drive there to the lodge in Aug, and be wearing shorts and a tee shirt, and walk up to the end of the glacier, and notice a huge temperature difference, and of course see die-hards skiing and boarding.

Edited by Old Geezer

I think it's supposed to be -6.0 degrees F for every 1000 ft.

They ski Mt. Hood year round, see http://www.timberlinelodge.com/.  In late July, Aug, and early Sept., it's basically skiing on the bottom reaches of a glacier.  You can drive there to the lodge in Aug, and be wearing shorts and a tee shirt, and walk up to the end of the glacier, and notice a huge temperature difference, and of course see die-hards skiing and boarding.

welcome old geezer! :woot

skidude and skimom go there every year i believe, skidude seems to like it, well of course he does, it's skiing in the middle of the summer :rock

You can drive there to the lodge in Aug, and be wearing shorts and a tee shirt, and walk up to the end of the glacier, and notice a huge temperature difference, and of course see die-hards skiing and boarding.

Better yet, you can drive to the lodge, walk to the lifts, notice a huge temperature difference and be one of the die-hards skiing.