montage is gonna be expensive

i wish they would change the mountain. its on the wrong side for god sake. grrrr!!!

oh parks gonna be sick. lol

Wrong meaning top and bottom? I like the fact that you pull into the lot and park right next to the top of the slopes you are going to ski. Having the diamonds down at the bottom seems screwed up, but the temps are a shade warmer and there's MUCH less wind. In fact, I've been there when there were 50+mph gusts at the top and it was dead calm down at the bottom.

Oh, sorry, yeah the park is up on top...

Let's just hope the IDIOT county council buttheads don't close it this year.

no what i ment was all mountain resorts are supposed to face north, montage how ever does not. it faces west which causes the snow melt rapidly at night and freeze in the morning instead of melting slowly throughout the day and freezing at night.

The upper mountain does face just north of west, but the North Face turns toward the north. The North Face diamonds are also burried in trees, so there's no real sun exposure no matter what.

I'm not so sure a slight western exposure is why the surface can suck up top as much as the budget snowmaking and grooming because the county managers are morons.

But one of my favorite (and Atomic's too, maybe?) little Vermont mountains is Bromley, AKA the Sun Mountain, because of it's southern exposure. I guess I wouldn't want to deal with a southern exposure mountain's extreme conditions as my home hill, but, then again, which way do the Vail Back Bowls face?

$390 bucks for a seson pass!?! I was on the fence as to buy one or not (Montage is my home mtn) but now i dont think so. The park should be AMAZING this year. I was talking to some guys up there on the last day, and they said there were going to be some big improvements. Also, I wouldn't move the mountain at all, the north face is always 10 degrees warmer, and never windy. Its the place to be on a cold winter night.

But one of my favorite (and Atomic's too, maybe?) little Vermont mountains is Bromley, AKA the Sun Mountain, because of it's southern exposure

gotta love bromley, i love to ski there on a sunday morning right before i leave...is a great little mountain, and you always have the sun to warm ya up :D

• 2 weeks later...

Montage doesn't look like it'll be bad for single tickets though. They did away with all of the ticket times and only have a super (open to close) and a nght (5 pm to close). On a weekend a ticket is only 45 dollars open to close for an adult, 35 for a junior.