snow at blue

tretiak

well i will kno for sure when blue is opening next saturday adn you guys will b the first to kno afte ri find out myself

uhh, no you won't, cause there is no set date. 3 years ago when they opened the 26th of December, you think that was set? They're at the mercy of the weather, and they have no set date. They usually know 3 days in advance :D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uhh, no you won't, cause there is no set date.  3 years ago when they opened the 26th of December, you think that was set?  They're at the mercy of the weather, and they have no set date.  They usually know 3 days in advance  :D

well jeff it helps when i kno about 10 people who work there and i will kno the approx. date for sure!!!

well jeff it helps when i kno about 10 people who work there and i will kno the approx. date for sure!!!

you could know 100 there, and nobody would truely know. They'll tell you what they think. But as of now, they have no way of knowing when they'll open. Because every mountain is fearing a dreaded warmup. And don't try to prove me wrong, cause it's impossible. :lol::lol::lol::lol: I know we liked to get all hyped up, but PA skiing will come in due time, but we honestly don't know when, and either do they. :yes

It was some of the Blue staff that was telling people that they were making snow with plans to keep lifts running until April-something last season.

And then they just closed.

yup, i remember that. Mountain operation in PA is on a day to day basis. Even when they start making snow, they still don't know when exactly they are opening, because it could suddenly warm up. But to actaully THINK that they could have a set date, is absurd! I'd LOVE for them to say they could open november 31st each year, and they could, but they can't predict that far ahead :D

yup, i remember that.  Mountain operation in PA is on a day to day basis.  Even when they start making snow, they still don't know when exactly they are opening, because it could suddenly warm up.  But to actaully THINK that they could have a set date, is absurd!  I'd LOVE for them to say they could open november 31st each year, and they could, but they can't predict that far ahead  :D

i am and will prove u wrong and also there no 31st of november

http://www.newschoolers.com/PHP/Forum/Regi..._ar=23&re_ci=45

"Blue Mtn, PA (the crappy one) is anticipating to start making snow in less than two weeks. if anyone else heard a rumor of them opening nov. 31st, that was thier projected snowmaking starting date, not opening date. this info came from the mountain manager"

Oh and by the way, When he says the crappy one, he's comparing it to the one up in canada.

Edited by insomniac

http://www.newschoolers.com/PHP/Forum/Regi..._ar=23&re_ci=45

"Blue Mtn, PA (the crappy one) is anticipating to start making snow in less than two weeks. if anyone else heard a rumor of them opening nov. 31st, that was thier projected snowmaking starting date, not opening date. this info came from the mountain manager"

Oh and by the way, When he says the crappy one, he's comparing it to the one up in canada.

thats Justo, from this board, lol, not an outside source. The temperatures have been trending cooler, but the daytime highs are just too high, gotta say int he 30's....

yeaa thats pretty much correct what he said. my friend is a snowmaker and there going to try and start making snow around like the 22. but thats only what there projecting and if weather permits. but we'll see we'll see....hopefully the mtn wil open earlier?!?!?

bring on the cold and snow....fast :rock

yeaa thats pretty much correct what he said. my friend is a snowmaker and there going to try and start making snow around like the 22. but thats only what there projecting and if weather permits. but we'll see we'll see....hopefully the mtn wil open earlier?!?!?

bring on the cold and snow....fast :rock

Yeah I agree my uncle is a snowmaker there also. They won't start making snow until they are sure that the weather is going to stay cold. They also don't start blowing until the ground is frozen rock solid and I know that for a fact. That is why shawnee always loses snow at the end of the season because they don't allow the ground to freeze before they make snow. There is a strech of cold weather beginning next week but that is marginal if they will start they probably won't. Its like 1 in a million chances they will open the last week of november. They will open early december like usual.

the 30th is their projected day to start blowing, not to open. this came from the mtn manager so dont go and tell me different haha. i was up there on saturday for their equip. sale and drove around on the mtn, there was a dusting of snow on the ground from the previous night, and it didnt melt, so the ground is probably almost cold enough to blow now.

the 30th is their projected day to start blowing, not to open. this came from the mtn manager so dont go and tell me different haha. i was up there on saturday for their equip. sale and drove around on the mtn, there was a dusting of snow on the ground from the previous night, and it didnt melt, so the ground is probably almost cold enough to blow now.

Again your missing the point, they can set the date to whatever they want, but if the weather doesn't cooperate then its not gonna happen. Now don't get me wrong, I want the mountains to open as soon as possible, but if its 50 degrees out on the 30th then no matter what the manager says, they aren't blowing. It's not about planning its about mother nature.

i realize that. and i said that there was snow on the ground, and it wasnt melting all too quickly, so obviously the ground is getting cold enough to blow now. the 30th is what i was told by the mtn manager as their projected date to start blowing providing it is cold enough. sorry that i left out those all important 5 words in my original post. i figured common sense would tell you that it needs to be below 32 to blow snow.