THEY'RE BLOWING!!!!

Snwbrder940

is the trail to the far left with snow on it home stretch

it seems like the were making the most snow on the bottom of lower switch back

:no Mainstreet is the one in the middle of the mountain there. Switchback is one of the later trails to open :angry: even though its one of the least skied on trails, it always has the best snow

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

switchback deff has the nicer conditions, because like you said, there aren't alot of people that go on it. You could pretty much do w.e the hell you want on that trail.

Some chic at nestors told me the projected date was the 10th but i dont think so <_< hope it opens soon though

*anyone going to the ski instructors training course?

SKIxADIKT, i dont know whether to believe you or not, because i was at their instructors preseason meeting, and they told us that they would not be calling us letting us know opening dates, we had to either check their site or call ourselves. and going with their history, they usually open on a friday, not a saturday, which again leads back to my prediction of the 17th

today when i was in woods where we do nothing, we have gotten like 1.8 inches of rain i guess, all of a sudden a huge dump truck pulls throught the front circle at my hs and was putting down salt

so i am guessing it is supposed to get really cold tonight b/c the think all of the huge pudles ( more like ponds) are going to freeze over

:woot

just wish it was all snow

SKIxADIKT, i dont know whether to believe you or not, because i was at their instructors preseason meeting, and they told us that they would not be calling us letting us know opening dates, we had to either check their site or call ourselves. and going with their history, they usually open on a friday, not a saturday, which again leads back to my prediction of the 17th

Well see, he didn't call to tell me about the dates that they would probably be opening, he called me to tell me when the meeting was b/c i left him a message for him to call me about the meeting. So he called me and told me the on snow date was the 18th and i said to him so they'll be opening around then, not that exact day, and he said yes probably. This was all just through conversation. ~just letting ya know what i heard :)

maybe your prediction of the 17th will be right JUSTO. i hope so, i wanted to ski before i went to VT...

Well according to the website on the condition page it says they are targeting the 17th or the 18th.

I hope Blue sticks to this date!! I'm REALLY getting sick of how all these opening dates keep getting pushed back!!!

The weather early Nov messed me up. I got psyched about how cold it was getting and then Shawnee, HV (NJ), and Alpine post opening dates for Thanksgiving weekend!!

Believe it or not, I've actually lost sleep over this. I think I need help. :(

Edited by PeterC0523

from snowmaking inc.... i was told to rest up this weekend.. and that i should report monday ready to make snow unless im told other wise.... i might possinly be in sunday night.. we still have a litle snow left from blowing past nights before all this rain.... they said be ready for a strong week of blowing so we can get the season started asap.. and be first in the area open.. so thats what i know and i make the snow

"theres no business like snowbusiness"