montage is blowin

Sno Mountain Skier

I was rushing when I picked up our passes and didn't get a chance to ask about the change in front of the lodge. Anyone know what the deal is with the big paved area out by the Shuttle Triple chair?

And the brilliant idea to hike season pass prices so high seems to be showing effects already, since they had to extend the sale period another week. One good thing is that Montage gives you a free lift ticket for every season pass you buy...CB used to just give a discount off of an overpriced tune-up.

• 2 weeks later...

The paved area is what I was asking about. But I got a postcard that invited us to the "open house" to show off the changes they made at the lodge. We were rushing, so I didn't look around. The only renovation I care about is fixing the water problem that kept them from blowing on Upper and Lower Fast Track. It's nice to do laps on that every once in a while and it makes the mountain ski a little bigger.

How is montage? My brother's youth group was looking at taking a trip there. I kind of remember ski saying they were overpriced and crowded, but I may be mistaken. They are from the lehigh valley, so montage would be at least 1 1/2 hours in a bus, maybe more.

Montage raised season pass prices, but are still pretty cheap. Weekend junior passes are $35, compared to a buck more at CB; Blue is $45 if you are 16, or older.

And Montage is sure never crowded. Wednesdays at CB are more crowded than a Saturday at Montage.

Lifts are slow, but they have better steeps than anywhere else in PA. Don't know how the park features compare.

well i am pissed at montage right now be cause i look out the window and they arent blowing. first they have a power outage so they cant blow for 24 hours. now they arent blowing  without an excuse.

Haha, I heard about that power outage. My friend was real pissed because during break hes going there. I guess his dad is on ski patrol there or something. Maybe the power outage fried their equipment. :o

Montage raised season pass prices, but are still pretty cheap. Weekend junior passes are $35, compared to a buck more at CB; Blue is $45 if you are 16, or older.

And Montage is sure never crowded. Wednesdays at CB are more crowded than a Saturday at Montage.

Lifts are slow, but they have better steeps than anywhere else in PA. Don't know how the park features compare.

age 16-21 is $33 on weekdays / $35 on weekends at blue i believe :D

Haha, I heard about that power outage. My friend was real pissed because during break hes going there. I guess his dad is on ski patrol there or something. Maybe the power outage fried their equipment.

its not that because they were making snow last night. the outage happened 2 nights ago. the thing is they had a interview in the newspaper the other day and they said their favorite tempature to blow was 28 and guess what it is.

I'm gonna be mad if cannonball isn't open for me this weekend.

it isnt i drove behind wnep this afternoon and cannonball had snow down the middle of the whole slope but the sides needed snow. the person who answers the phones told me that they will have mainline and the bunny for sunday. they want to have spike and cannonball by mid week. he also said that they want to get boomer by next weekend. forever who wants to know they will open sunday at noon.

Ski999,

Have you ever thought about a season pass at Elk instead?

Yeah, but Elk's twice as far for me. Montage is perfect when things are up and running. Since I have to ski at a lot of different areas during weekends, I need someplace really close that I can just hit for an hour or two on weeknights. I'm anxious to see what Big Bear at Masthope is like. I think that's where I might go next season for passes.

Not open until "sometime next week"....

montage or big bear. because once again montage f*cks up and they moved the opening date back until md next week. they dont even have a date set now. there is only one good thing i can see coming out of this and that is if they opened this weekend they would have had the bunny and mainline open but now they should have those slopes and spike plus cannonball.

montage or big bear. because once again montage f*cks up and they moved the opening date back until md next week. they dont even have a date set now. there is only one good thing i can see coming out of this and that is if they opened this weekend they would have had the bunny and mainline open but now they should have those slopes and spike plus cannonball.

I meant Montage. Big Bear and Tanglwood both open before Montage.

"once again montage f*cks up" is exactly right.