2 nice wallpapers

emtp563

how can i get a pic on here from my documents

i am trying to get my wall paper up herer too it is a nice pic

In the File Attachments section of the reply screen, click browse and select the image you want. Then click add attachment and it will be added to the post. I think this is what you are trying to do.

.bmp stands for bitmap it is the standard windows image and is waht is saved when you draw a picture in paint. .gif is Graphics Interchange format and .jpeg stadns for Joint Photographic Experts Group. Gifs and jpeg are used for internet images gifs are generaly used for simple images and animation and jpeg is used for pictures. If you open the image that is a bmp you can usualy change it to another format by changing the file extention, but you might lose some image quality.

Actually, jpg is short for jpeg. There are also lots of other well supported image types, like, gif, tiff, and png. These all have their own pluses and minuses. Jpg is the most commonly used, because it has a very good compression rate. What this means is the data from the images is rearranged and compacted to save space. This degrades the quality, but not that much and it save big time on space. Bitmaps (BMP) on the other hand have no compression. They are simply a map of pixels. They are not compressed so tehy take a lot of room, and most people who do image work despise them, so most bmp images found on the internet are lousy. However, bmp are just as well supported by COMPUTERS though the message board and does not support it. If you download it, you can open the image in paint.

Edited by dthmtluncrn