Neck injuries from helmets???????

Glenn

I have looked up at what is attached, and I don't think the chairs woudl slide even if they didn't fully attact to the cable again, atleast not slide fast.  Also in that case, I would be worried about the chair downhill (that gets run into) more than being on the chair that slides. 

I have never heard of a case where a chair would come off the cable 1/2 way up HOWEVER, up at killington last year I was getting on a gondola leaving the station when another one came in and never slowed down, it slammed into the one infrount of that, and there was a nice little chain reaction...good for about 20 minute inspection.  And its not even like there was ice on the cable or anything, it was nice weather.

Thats kinda scary :o I assumed that type of thing could only happen when the cable was iced over. It's probably back to the old statistics though about your x% more likely to get in a injury filled/fatal accident on the way to/from the slopes than getting in a chairlift accident.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats kinda scary  :o  I assumed that type of thing could only happen when the cable was iced over.

Thats the thing, it WASN'T icey....that is why it is so starnge. Most times in ice they don't run the gondola for that reason, and in the wind they don't run it because the cabins might hit the lift towers.

But they got everything worked out :rock

• 5 weeks later...

today i went riding at cb and their were a ton of people putting the bar down, and the one time i got it slamed down on my head as soon as we were in the air. If it wasnt for my helmet i think i would have been struck unconscious. I believe that Skidude gave the bar the proper name when we meet up on friday "The gay bar". :woot

I didn't give it that name, thats what your bother told me to call it ;)

Anyway I got hit about 4 times at CB this weekend in the head with the  :censored: bar too

I can't claim that I came up with that name. Just some random guy that I rode with (don't remember his name) came up with it. I just felt the need to pass the name along, as it was a rather humerous pun.