07-08 Park Ideas

Rodeo Steve

Season is right around the corner so figured Id start a topic to get people stoked. List some personal ideas or what you think Blue's got up their sleeve this year.

Id personally like to see a channel gap. Like a functional one that isnt like two 5ft tables next to eachother.

The quarter pipe last year was a great idea but executed all wrong. Its location was kinda sketchy and wasnt maintained very well but in the little park its understandable cause people just carve it.

Maybe some better jibs (I think everyone agrees on that) like some street style or even like some little stuff like a picnic table or something and maybe see that down flat down staircase this year.

As for competitions I think they should bring the big air comp back that they had on top of Falls.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quarter pipes and wall rides are REALLY hard to keep maintained right. The lip has to be vert or you are fucked, and every kid that falls on it, bails low on it, screws up the lip. Especially with night skiing they don't get much time to set, and they just get turned into sugar all day. They've been a disaster at most busy parks, I would be surprised if anyone around here could keep one set.

Two ramps on a jump is great. It saves snow, opens more options, reduces the room on top for people to stand, reduces wear on the ramps, and allows intermediate and advanced guys to keep their rythymn in the park without having to skip features that are too hard or be disappointed with features that are too easy. There are almost no disadvantages as long as there is enough room - and sidewinder certainly is wide enough.

cant you just ask when you go get your pass? when i got my pass at bear last year the lady at the desk told me everything that was happening for the season, including a local cell phone tower. im sure someone at blue has to know.

one way to be sure about the trail is this: is there any signs of snowmaking equipment?

Blue is gonna be fun this year. A lot of stuff is in the brainstorm phase, and with luck we'll see some fun things happening. One preseason thing has already been approved, and its gonna be a good time for everyone. Personally I'd like to compete in some of the racing leagues this winter. I'm currently lookin for some carving boards to do so, as I don't think I'll have much luck on center mounted twins.

a better lip for the double barrel would be nice. jumps are tough cause out of all the long straight sections we have, none of them are steep.

-rail garden up top like last year, that was good.

-put a right side hip on the first turn into a double jump line maybe. two options per hit (big/small)

-next to the jump line put a single (or double if we have space) line of rails/boxes.

-into the wall ride

turn

-two option rail/box, left and right side

-keep the big hit where it is just work on the landing.

thats all i got.

we gonna open with a park this year?

Edited by DanSobey

dan, i noticed you left a few things out in your rather detailed and impressive idea of how the park should be laid out. i like it a lot, and that would be all peachy, but we need to burn the bus and swingset to the ground first, cause there's no way that blue will go up there and move the things off the trail. honestly, the bus could have been cool as a wall ride type feature. it can take the swingset, crackerbarrel, s box, and all the square coping platter boxes along on the journey. oh, and the 'big' wallride too.

Edited by youngstunta

i heard that blue lost the title for the bus so they can not get rid of it so winder side is turning in to a junkyard how about some big fun jumps and some nice long fun rails what the hell do i care i just ski so i can talk shit on every one so i dont really care what they do. cant wait to rock the new blades this year i am ubber stoked.

Blue has yet to update their website...but it says they'll have a new trail between Razors and Paradise for 2007-08.. http://www.skibluemt.com/the_mountain/features_html

Can any Blue employees confirm/deny whether there will be a new trail for this season? Has the new brochure been printed?

Holy shit! I was wrong. The new trail is in the new brochure! It's name is "Under Construction". I don't really get the name but whatever. I would have named it Construction Zone.

:ph34r: