07-08 Park Ideas

Rodeo Steve

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you used a winch cat on challenge and razors you'd have one very steep trail. They cant maintain it to the steepness it should actually be, someone start a petition for every mountain to buy a winch cat, but we all know how effective they are.

I don't know if you're saying that a winch cat would be good or bad, but i'm gonna trust the word from the head groomer at the mountain over yours. They've demoed winch cats up there with great results, but the mountain just hasn't bought one...

how is that stupid? i think it would be a good idea. maybe not a 2x4, more like a 2x8 or 10 but still.

and the setups for rails last year were fine. they werent "tabletops with rails on top"

yeah maybe not actually....but the third hit in sidewinder sticks out- that flat box was definitely up there. I must have been thinking about the rail jam...

no one said it wasnt going to work haha. why didnt you tell me you were goin up? im bored as hell man

A few people i talked to seemed skeptical about it. I was even a little myself. I wasn't really planning on going up, i just ended up in that area so i dropped by.

...and by the looks of it,they got some curved metal up there....i'm thinking c rails :rock

thats the kind of feature thats cool and all, and sure it CAN work, whether or not people make it work is usually the issue.

a decent feature with a decent setup usually rides pretty crappy. a decent feature with an excellent setup can ride awesome.

take the double barrel we had last year for example. that rail is incredibly well built and is just an all around great feature. but the lip sucked.

and the DFD urban setup, again GREAT rail but had a horrible lip. it was too skinny.

Edited by DanSobey

I'm not sure if you're joking or not - but I was wondering the same thing - how are you guys planning on setting up the mixer?

I believe it is going to be setup with the hole and blades facing up. In this way, terrain park noobs will fall into in like a sugar water fly trap and won't be able to escape. This will definitely be the most entertaining feature, withholding the smell of rotting bodies of course.

For real though, I think its gonna put on a platform in the summer, and then so will be able to be pushed around it in multiple ways.

wellll first off i had a snowboarding dream last night.. i love those, i always stomp the tricks i never get in real life haha. just made me wish the season was a little closer :(

i saw teh cement mixer and stuff on myspace and had to come over here and see what everybody was saying haha.. IMO the mixer is pretty close in concept to the missile at the jib lab... whatever, it can stilll work. fun to mess around on im sure. i just cant wait to see the newb skiers that ride straight down boxes etc try to ride this and their legs go out to the side or something haha.

i'm definitely a fan of bringing out some of the old rails. just wannt to emphasize on everything, good setup GOOD SETUP GOOD SETUP.. with the rail inventory we should have this season we'll have a good variety, but if its not set up right its all a flop.

new d/f/d box sounds good. pyramid thing? my concern is size... im worried its too small.. i dont know if ill like that.

overall, the new rails seem kinda circusy to me.. but i'll wait and see. i just cant wait to rideee