Bought my season pass

Timeless

So I've gone back to CB for another year, it's just too damn close not to choose it as my home mountain.

Hopefully they'll be a little less concerned for our safety this year and let us decide when it's too cold / dark / windy to ride.

$365 for a sunday to friday & nights pass seemed like good value with some discounts at the loft and barley creek thrown in.

Only today left to get the cheapest prices.

I think I'm getting a pass to CB and to Whiteface this year. The whiteface one costs $50 more but no blackout days, and I can ride saturdays. Also there is about 2500 more feet in vert. Oh, and real back country, and a gondola, and... well you get the point. Comparing season pass prices it seems like the poconos are WAY overpriced. They charge almost twice as much for a day pass at whiteface but season pass rates are nearly the same.

There is a chance I get a Blue pass though, still not totally sure on the pocono choice.

No CB pass for me this year :(

I guess I'll have to deal with Killington

Really? What's the break even number of days for a college pass at CB? Siblet still gets a Big.....Whitefish Mountain Resort pass even though she's only home for a month, because she skis every day she's home. Even though she was only home the month and doesn't go in for the lifties scanning her pass like I do, she finished in the top 15 passholders for the college pass.

Really? What's the break even number of days for a college pass at CB? Siblet still gets a Big.....Whitefish Mountain Resort pass even though she's only home for a month, because she skis every day she's home. Even though she was only home the month and doesn't go in for the lifties scanning her pass like I do, she finished in the top 15 passholders for the college pass.

Not sure, but I'm doing an internship (35ish hrs/week) up at Killington from Dec. till March... So I'll be up there working or skiing probably everyday all winter. May swing back by PA in March and try to bum a pass off someone or other for a day or two...But I might just stay up here :wiggle

I think I'm getting a pass to CB and to Whiteface this year. The whiteface one costs $50 more but no blackout days, and I can ride saturdays. Also there is about 2500 more feet in vert. Oh, and real back country, and a gondola, and... well you get the point. Comparing season pass prices it seems like the poconos are WAY overpriced. They charge almost twice as much for a day pass at whiteface but season pass rates are nearly the same.

Agreed, PA is so overpriced. Although that Whiteface pass is probably the best value out there. I think the Whiteface / Gore pass was the same price as my pass to JFBB :banghead I know the Mt Snow Classic was cheaper too. I don't get it.

Edited by PA Ridge Racer

Agreed, PA is so overpriced. Although that Whiteface pass is probably the best value out there. I think the Whiteface / Gore pass was the same price as my pass to JFBB :banghead I know the Mt Snow Classic was cheaper too. I don't get it.

On average the large number of people within driving distance from the Poconos probably have more money than those with in driving distance of any other resort, in any other region.

I think $530 is alot for an all days adult season pass at Booter mountain bought before November 15th..but with $49 all day tickets on the weekends..it's easy to make it worthwhile. At Jackson Hole a season pass is over $1500 and they don't even have night skiing..and I don't think they even have a butter box or tubing..lol

I think you nailed it with the night skiing. Places like Wachusett and Sundown, who also have night skiing, are up there with our pass rates. The reason prices are more here may very well be the lights. If thats the case. I'm ok with paying more. As far as the Jackson Hole pass rate. Thats just insane. :blink:

• 1 month later...

winter is one of the biggest times of the industry for me...

you couldn't even imagine how quick things chance as soon as the first sign of ice in the new england area... people forget how to drive and crash their cars like mad... then bumpers, and sheet metal start going out the doors like crazy...