Trees Being Cut Today

DeathCookie

Maybe you're planning on using the magic carpet? Unless you're a beginner, you won't be needing to ski around the base area anyway.

It is a little disconcerting to hear negative talk about any mountain when it's hardly justified. Yeah, we can complain but don't delve into their financial prospects when you don't actually write the checks. Though I know quite a bit more than most ppl who work at Sno, I'm not going to comment on internal issues. Suffice it to say, the last thing the brass intends is to delay an opening day for skiing. Last year there were problems with the new snowmaking system with regards to the integration of the original pipe work. An Ex-county politicians lawsuit didn't help them get a jump on the season, and the new system only was beginning to be installed later in the fall due to litigation. Fact remains, Sno has the best system in Pa. and can clearly be open before anyone else if they choose. The quality of the snow is also top notch. The current construction has very little to do with actually opening the mountain for skiing. Though not confirmed, they plan on opening the second weekend of Dec. Our race training starts the following weekend.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my friends called up yesterday and asked if they were blowing, they said they probably wouldn't blow for another two weeks.

Not sure why they would want to blow snow this early. Practicality dictates if you don't have a solid 4-5 days of sub-freezing weather, there is no sense to open, unless you start heading into the x-mas holiday. then you take your chances. BB's way early opening is neat, but I doubt it will do anything for their bottom line. Rest assured though, when the weather is right, Sno could theoretically have the whole mt. opened within a week.

A few of my friends used a few cell phones, called up sno last week about 6 times in a row... Asking when they are opening, they said 3 weeks from than...

Than the proceeded to grab the house phone, call, and ask when the waterpark was going to be open, they said maybe next year

THAN they went with the whole *67 thing, and asked when the roller coaster is going to open... They dident mention a specific date...

haha I found that last one really funny, it was SO random

A few of my friends used a few cell phones, called up sno last week about 6 times in a row... Asking when they are opening, they said 3 weeks from than...

Than the proceeded to grab the house phone, call, and ask when the waterpark was going to be open, they said maybe next year

THAN they went with the whole *67 thing, and asked when the roller coaster is going to open... They dident mention a specific date...

haha I found that last one really funny, it was SO random

LMAO ROFL LOL HAHA LOLLZ LOLLERSKATES ROFLCOPTER