07-08 Mountain Update

Half Fast Skier

Just checked on the main site and it said there are two new trails for the 08-09 season (but nothing about new trails for 07-08 :( ) and that the snowboard school will be moved over to the triple chair and the old snowboard school hill will connect to Paradise and the Quad

http://www.skibluemt.com/WhatsNew/

Anybody know anything else we'll likely see this season??

Edited by youngstunta

Just checked on the main site and it said there are two new trails for the 08-09 season (but nothing about new trails for 07-08 :( ) and that the snowboard school will be moved over to the triple chair and the old snowboard school hill will connect to Paradise and the Quad

http://www.skibluemt.com/WhatsNew/

Anybody know anything else we'll likely see this season??

two trails? they probably mean upper and lower new trail haha

Edited by youngstunta

my mind was wandering during economics...

and i thought of blues snowmaking. any chance there will be a different strategy to opening this year? i was thinking it would be cool to open the base lodge first, with paradise, the school hill, terrain run and maybe razors/challenge. or open sidewinder?

..it would be good for my early season vert.. :wiggle

thats the only reason i really thought of it... top to bottom runs. maybe opening terrain run then tuts lane or whatever that trail is that goes down from the 6pack to lazy mile. the reason i thought of paradise is that with how they usually open, the beginner run they have open is so short that its flooded with people, and ive been bringing nubs up each year to try and get them into riding. im not emailing them because i know none of it is feasible. just a topic to discuss.

Bad idea...it takes alot longer to get Paradise/Razors/Challenge/Sidewinder open than the normal..Main Street, Midway, Easy Out and Vista...plus it costs more money to operate the quad or six pack compared to the main street chair. It's cool that they now open with Come Around for the Jib Honks..and sometimes they only open with lower Main Street since easy out-vista-midway funnel into lower Main Street. But definitely e-mail your idea to Blue...I'm sure they'll take it into consideration :rolleyes: ..it would be good for my early season vert.. :wiggle

I didn't like the early season Come Around park. I liked it better when they would have the Lower Terrain Park open with features early in the season. It's a wider trail.

And yeah sidewinder takes forever to be up and running. They need to blow A TON of snow. Hence why the park didn't open until mid/late January last year.

thats bullshit, they shouldnt advertise a new trail for 07/08 if they cant follow through with it.

Maybe they ran out of money. Last season wasn't a great one.

What about the condos and new lodge???

They said they'd send info out about the condos as soon as they had it... that was over a year ago.

It is better to open horizontally than vertically. The snow to open paradise would open main street and come around, that means instead of all your guests skiing the same trail, they're split off a bit so the snow gets worn down less. Also the lift is slower so less traffic on that one area, and less wear means less snow is needed. Keeping the snow is really important because there hasn't been a winter in my memory where there wasn't a warm spell after the first snowmaking window within about 2 weeks. It seems like the mountains start to get going, and then get knocked down again year after year, so protecting the money invested in the snow already blown is crucial because before christmas and even into the first week or two of january the weather is extremely fickle. (Hell all year it is)

I am honored and somewhat disturbed that you:

A- had the time to read through my posts

B- Were able to count them ( i am only assuming accurately)

If I am critical it's only because it's so frustrating that Blue is so crappy but could be so much better.... The first step to healing is to admit you have a problem, only then they can improve. :)

Come on', you know they can't blow snow and groom there to save thier life!

Edited by Finndog

A- I have so much free time it's not even funny...

B-I learned to count from Count Dracula on Sesame Street..

As for snowmaking and grooming...I'm just happy to have a 1k vert ski area 18 miles away..I'm not as picky as you...I'm happy skiing death cookies..

A-Sorry about all the free time....

B- I just never learned to count, you're up on me.

You guys just keep missing the issue, blue could be a great place, it has so much to offer but is run by folks who either don't care or don't know or both. If I lived that close or skied there as much as you, I would be pushing to get them to improve, don't settle for crappy service and management. I didn't get a season pass this season and told them why. I seriously doubt they care though. I live less than an hour but unless I know they have good conditions, I will not give them my money. I would rather drive the 2hours and ski at Elk or JF.

A-Sorry about all the free time....

B- I just never learned to count, you're up on me.

You guys just keep missing the issue, blue could be a great place, it has so much to offer but is run by folks who either don't care or don't know or both. If I lived that close or skied there as much as you, I would be pushing to get them to improve, don't settle for crappy service and management. I didn't get a season pass this season and told them why. I seriously doubt they care though. I live less than an hour but unless I know they have good conditions, I will not give them my money. I would rather drive the 2hours and ski at Elk or JF.

Both of those places have great night skiing.

Now that was excellent! Thanks I am honored! Did you see Phils songs over at Epic, you guys should team up. BTW, I love sking too much to ski on crappy conditions.

You'd rather take off for several days and wait for better conditions then ski in adverse conditions?

That's not exactly a "love" for skiing. You're fair weather Finn.