Camelback excludes skiers!

Timeless

Where you stayed at Killington(The Grand) is apparently very rundown. You'll be pleasantly surprised by the lodging offerings at Okemo..

If the Grand is rundown then the rest of the hotels in the Killington base area are outright dumps. We checked out 4 or 5 of the other hotels including the big one and they were ALL shit. Okemo doesn't seem to have a lot of close, non condo offerings but I might be looking too early or in the wrong place. Oh well.

I like the fact that many of the tourists that come to the poconos only see the old, rundown, outdated, tacky honeymoon destination side of it. That way, next time those people will go to the catskills instead of the poconos, and the true gems are only available to people who are willing to put in a little effort, or locals.

A few years back we had a huge family reunion weekend at Fernwood,a little shabby but it was Ok, you could see at one time it was prabably pretty nice. The golf course was OK too and the beer was cold! I gotta say at the bar and show ( I think it was magic OOOOOOooooh!) it was definitaely one of the biggest/strangest mixes of people I had ever been in- young/old/white/black/rich/poor - and everything in between, a veritable smorgasbord if you will! Made for some mad Karoake!

Ha, for $1000 they could have rented a 4000 sq/ft lakeside home on our main lake for a week and had a nicer hot tub AND they'd have been closer to the zoo. I hope she got crabs.

the lake communities in the poconos are generally amazing. I am bias towards Lake Naomi cause i live there, but there are tons of awesome lake communities where renting a house would be 100000000X better than staying at caesers.

Split Rock looks nice...I never stayed there but when I lived in Montana..my entire extended family( like 20-25 people) went there and had a blast from ages 10 to 85. Where Ski lives in the northern Poconos is also really nice...when people think of the Poconos they usually think of the eyesores along 209 and route 80...near Camel-Wack...

My Boss' family went there and HATED it. They said the place was a real dump and they would know as my boss is super cheap.

• 2 weeks later...
Where you stayed at Killington(The Grand) is apparently very rundown. You'll be pleasently surprised by the lodging offerings at Okemo..

If the Grand is rundown then the rest of the hotels in the Killington base area are outright dumps. We checked out 4 or 5 of the other hotels including the big one and they were ALL shit. Okemo doesn't seem to have a lot of close, non condo offerings but I might be looking too early or in the wrong place. Oh well.

Doug..Have you ever stayed at the Grand? Its pretty nice. (Not sure I would pay to stay there for Presidents weekend...)

I would recommend the Greenbrier Inn to anyone who wants a nice room (not super high class, but nice, and large) for about 130-140 midweek-weekend in the winter. About 5 miles from K. Better than dropping whatever it is for the Grand a night...

I never stayed at the Grand...but I remember Sexkitten complaining...I stayed at the Val Roc inn by the Skyeship base on Route 4..and the Crank-Whore motel in East Rutland..near the McDonalds..lol

When ever we drive to Killington we go by the Val-Roc.I always wondered what it looked like inside.

We usually stay at Mountain green..I've never had any problems there and you can walk to the lift or hop on the shuttle.

I'm not into packing all my shit in the car and driving to the lift.