Boulder Trip Report

Tyler

So k2rider and I went up to BB today. We left around 7:45 and were up there by 9:15. There was snow falling and in the trees around boulder. We had hopes of the first chair/ last call special blend thing but they werent doing it or we couldve had it. Instead we were about the 8th chair up.

The coverage was pretty awesome and the park setup was nice.

It started with a flat box/ DFD rail, then a flat box/ double barrel rail, then a little kicker box over a rail( bonk thing), next came a flat rail, and finished with a butter box/ flat box. Park crew kept everything hittable and did a good job maintaining the landings while we were there.

By 11:30 we already had about 12 quality runs in before the crowds began to come. We ended up leaving around 1:15 once liftlines reached 10 minutes and there was close to a 5 minute wait for each feature. Overall the day was awesome, especially the morning which was surprising empty. It was great to be back on the snow and shake some of the rust off. It also snowed most of the time which was sick.

Props to Boulder for opening so early and hooking us up with free tix. :wiggle

BTW: i had a camera with me but didnt wanna waste too much time taking pics, i took a few bad ones, might post them later.

Edited by Oakley21

some pictures of my little bro and i today

ahh it was so good to be out on the snow. a little disappointed there were no real jumps, even anything small, but its better than anywhere else around here right now!!haha

top of the run def got crowded, especially when someone got injured on the dfd rail, must have been serious, took the ski patrol a good 45 minutes to get them out on a sled. hope theyre ok

but great day. hope theyre open next weeekend, cant wait!!

IMG_8637.jpg

IMG_8633.jpg

IMG_8630.jpg

IMG_8629.jpg

Edited by snownskateguy

It's supposed to be like 22F up there tonight, but I heard that they're NOT making snow??? I'm not sure how true that is, but from what i know, i think they will. Then after that, this week is going to be relatively mild, but it leads right into a stretch of VERY favorable snowmaking weather after Friday. Hopefully they'll be almost half open by they 24th. That's my guess anyway. Setup was good today.

It's supposed to be like 22F up there tonight, but I heard that they're NOT making snow??? I'm not sure how true that is, but from what i know, i think they will. Then after that, this week is going to be relatively mild, but it leads right into a stretch of VERY favorable snowmaking weather after Friday. Hopefully they'll be almost half open by they 24th. That's my guess anyway. Setup was good today.

I'm in VT so I'm not 100 % sure.....but 27 by midnight and a low of 22 should mean plenty of snowmaking.

• 10 years later...
30 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Looking back at these old threads, so many people have come and gone. Ski, Fluffy, Robert2, VTMark, Vinny, and Melissa just to name a few...

Melissa doesn’t ski anymore, fluffy went to jail, vinny doesn’t ski anymore, VTmark forgot his password and we think Robert2 likely died.