TR 12/16 and a comment

Timeless

About 7 years ago theyt said that the employees who paid for the jackets 3 years would get to keep them. Those years came to an end when the jackets were replaced with new ones and the old ones went to the tubing park crew people. Instructors were still required to pay for their own jackets.

Listen, I have no problem with leaving a deposit for a jacket that must be returned at season's end. I did have a super huge problem with the jacket nazi mentality that went along with needing to PAY for the ability to work in that department. I point out the other departments that did not require payment to secure their uniform jackets. Does anyone know if this policy has ended? I could find out by calling a few people I still speak with their but it's too early in the morning right now.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Ski Patrol (guys with red jackets) have to pay for all their own stuff.

Jacket, back pack, rope and other rescue supplies and 1st set up of ems supplies in the pack. CB has stock to refill after an accident, but some mountains the patrollers provide their own stuff. (as crazy as that sounds)

Plus 120 hours initial training to get OEC, similar to EMT. Then a few days of initial training to ski/board the sled down the hill.

8 hours on the hill per year, and another 8 hours OEC refresher all on your own.

And pay $53. membership a year to belong to NSP

Edited by mtnbiker99x

As a volunteer, I don't think you can compare employees to volunteers. Yes, Patrollers provide all their own equipment and gear and go through endless hours of training. As a volunteer firefighter, I can say that I do practically the same thing, plus endanger my life every time I respond to a call. I wouldn't change a thing! I love being a volunteer Firefighter!

But as an employee of Camelback, I believe the instructors are treated the worst. Remove the "fee to work at Camelback" charges and make the employer pay for the uniforms, as the employer does for the other "paid" departments.