Did anyone go either Sat/Sun (Jan 26/27)?

NJSkiFamily

No, but when I brought my son (of ski jumping fame) to the doctor yesterday, the nurse said her daughter was there and it was super crowded.

I was there Friday, and there was a good deal of packed powder and frozen granular on most of the runs. The front four, which I did not try, sounded pretty hard packed/icy from the Sullivan Lift when the skiiers/riders were going down.

They were also making snow on some trails Friday. I was planning to go again this Friday, but they are calling for rain.

If it was super crowded then maybe it was good we didn't go. It was crowded enough on MLK weekend.

We're aiming to go on Saturday as we seem to be gettting over our colds/flu.

BTW Skilift.....don't be surprised if your son is still sore in a couple of weeks from his fall. If he is then have him see a physical therapist/chiropractor. They've got better equipment to deal with muscle sprains/spams than popping anti-inflammatory pills (which I find never work).

I was there Sunday evening and it was pretty bad. "Icy" (really just scraped off hardpack) on anything remotely steep, and alternating between that and piles of what used to be the surface. With the light being a little odd for my lenses I didn't really enjoy the conditions but it wasn't too busy after 5pm when I got there.

It was pretty much what I expected but I hope they can groom it up and improve the conditions somewhat this week.

I was there on Sunday afternoon and evening. The snow conditions were pretty good in the afternoon, especially on the Asp and the bumps on Lower Cleo. Weather was especially good, sunny and comfortable temps. Conditions deteriorated as usual as the day went on but you could always find decent snow along the sides of the trails. Crowd was typical for a Sunday afternoon. CB made a lot of snow last week. There were some decent piles stockpiled at the top of Sullivan and on the way down to the Rocket.

BTW Skilift.....don't be surprised if your son is still sore in a couple of weeks from his fall. If he is then have him see a physical therapist/chiropractor. They've got better equipment to deal with muscle sprains/spams than popping anti-inflammatory pills (which I find never work).

Thanks for the advice. He is icing it now.

I was at CB my byself yesterday morning for my 3rd ski day of the season. It was sunny and 20ish degrees in the morning, and the snow was decent for the east coast. The ability to cut an edge was about a 5 on a scale of 1 -10. They were making snow on Cliffhanger, and Pocono Raceway.