SMC Jibfest

romemadman

las night here at Saint Michaels we had our 7th annual jibfest. This year the first date got rained out moved to tonight but we decided to push it forward because it was guarunteed dto pour rain tonight.

We began setting everything up in the field fri morning at 10 made the call around 2 to have the contest that night. It was choas. Luckly we got hooked up with a hydrolic trailer and fill it all the way to teh top of the 6 foot walls with rink snow from UVM.

enough talking

Set up:

2 15 foot drop in's

on one side was a flat down box with a flat rail in the ground about 30 ft behind that.

on skiers left was a flat rail on a platform with a 5 ft drop, a kid threw a 270 on to sketchy 630 out

and a wallride set up diagonal. look below3033352926_d33aee3bbb_b.jpg

more pics to come soon

it was an awsome atmosphere everyone was pumped it went on without a hitch.

i threw my first disaster to front board. Hopefully it is even better next year and there should be an edit comming eventually. and possibly some shots taken by a red bull photographer that might go to espn for some backyard segment they are making

3033352388_343f746aab.jpg

3033352606_629087a60a_b.jpg

3032509483_d20d84bc65_b.jpg

3033353066_f6bb3208eb.jpg

3033353164_d692a97963.jpg

few more here

first for skier was kevin Mclory

second was a freshman christian

for snowboarding first was Nicholas Briggs

they didnt really announce a second place but when talking with judges it would have been a kid named Matt Stillman

there was a riders choice award was given to a kid but i am drawing a blank on his name

• 1 month later...