Killington 2/19

KrAzY K2

On behalf of a lot of PASR's coming up to Vermont in the near future, I'll make a post...

Finally got out snowboarding for the first time in a couple weeks... (Been trapped behind the grills in Snowshed flipping burgers all season during the day 7-5...ugh). Killington recieved about 7inches of heavy wet snow last night. Didn't get out until about 1ish. It's been crowded due to presidents day week and the British Invasion. Something like 16,000 people parked at Snowshed along with a lot of bus groups. It seemed pretty warm out and the sun was shining for a while. Being relatively new to snowboarding, I rode up the Snowshed quad... rode down one of the greens to the right of the lifts, ducked under the bridge and went over to Ramshead. Must have waited all of five minutes in the lift lines. From there I did my first blue trail on the board down Swirl! The snow was amazing, nice and soft! Got to the bottom and rode the Ramshead quad again. From there I stayed to the far left to get over to the gondola at K1. First time taking the board all the way to the peak too. Got to the peak, and it was precipitating... kinda looked like dip-n-dots, visiability was rather poor. Haven't really gotten over to the other side of the mountain this season because I don't really care for what they did, closing off certain trails, cutting new trails, and a hassle to get back over at the end of the day when you're running out of time. But I more or less had that side of the mountain to myself which was nice. Everyone was between Snowshed K1 and Ramshead taking lessons. I wanted to take Great Eastern all the way to the bottom but I ended up on Bear Trax, formerly known as the Falls Brook trail. Got to the bottom of Bear Mountain and hopped on the Skyepeak Quad... the snow stopped but the wind picked up. The snow was either mogaled or scraped off to ice by the last hour or so. I guess the only way to catch Great Eastern now is at the top of the new Skyeship Quad rather than up at the peak. I was afraid I wasn't going to make it down to Needle's Eye in time to get over to Snowshed (that is the only way since they eliminated Snowshed Crossover), so I nixed that idea and ended up going down Skyelark which was crowded and mogaled. From there I took high road which wraps around down to Snowshed. Took the big wide open sloped and ended the day as it was already after four. There's really no beginner trails to get back over to Snowshed/Ramshead/K1 now since they eliminated SS Crossover... It was a lousy connector trail but without it, it's created major inconviences for beginner skiers and riders and confusing if you knew your way around the resort in the past. Anyhoo, we're expecting another 3-7 inches tonight and then another couple inches friday/saturday. Update... The cars and roads are white and the temps have dropped again!

Enjoy the pictures!!

th.c34d985bb7.jpg

th.c4946af24c.jpg

th.c190c614e3.jpg

th.fe28e17a59.jpg

th.0fb0cfbc20.jpg

th.621a928770.jpg

th.df3e64ac98.jpg

th.641387cdd1.jpg

th.5f23c246bf.jpg

th.ec6344aeeb.jpg