Video Season

method9455

I'm totally out of the loop too. I usually get Standard's and Mack Dawg's.

I usually get Absinthe's and Mack Dawgs, but I think Mack Dawg isn't putting one out this year. I thought Double Decade was kind of, here is our sport over the last 20 years, thank you and goodbye. I might be wrong on that, thats just what I remember from last year.

Good call Emuntz, I'm going to have to look into those 2.

I picked up Absinthe's new flick Ready when I stopped by the local shop Friday. It was good, not as good as past years but I really enjoyed it.

The first 3 out of 4 songs are bad, the sole exception being during Jeremy Jones part. But they used Major Tom by David Bowie which I swear was used in a previous Absinthe film with Jeremy Jones. It was definitely a Jones part so that made me kind of mad, get original.

Then abruptly the movie switches to good music for the rest of it. I was ready to post "terrible music" but it really is just 3 bad songs and then 5 great ones.

Almost no urban rails except for a lot of gnarly acid drops. I don't understand how Mikey's knees are still attached after some of them.

A lot of free riding including airs off natural features instead of kickers which I like. In my opinion finding a giant snow field and building a giant kicker and hitting it is basically park with a powder landing. So seeing people hit wind lips and cliffs to me is back country riding and there is a lot of that.

The Mt Baker part is freaking awesome. Nothing in it is earth shatteringly new but plenty of sick tree riding and I appreciate the more free-ride stuff than park.

Speaking of park, I think there are maybe 60 seconds of park shots in it.

Overall great if you are like me and like back country/free riding/free style but not so much urban rails or park.

Ready came out last year, so maybe that's why Jeremy Jones' part seemed familiar.

The new Forum movie comes out on iTunes tomorrow. I'm planning on getting it, so I'll post a review later.

You're right, I just picked up the only Absinthe movie at the shop assuming it was this years. I never seen it before, but they probably had that song in the trailer. Looking at Absinthe's website the new flick is called "Neverland"?

Check this east coast one out:

Stowe Video

High Anxiety Films

• 3 weeks later...

I thought Ready was disappointing after Optimistic the previous year, content wise (and music) I think this is my favorite vid.

The problem I have with all these now is that I love watching these on my new projector set-up but after watching That's It... the quality of the other vid's really looks bad at that size. The definition, audio and quality of filming in the Trice movie is just so good that everything else seems second rate (not for content but for delivery).

I still think Absinthe are my favorite bunch, but just wish they had the budget and equipment to do what Brain Farm did.

Are there any other HD ski / snowboard movies?