Spring Mountain 1-7-11

owenskier

Didnt really know where to put this one, but anyways. Went up to spring only because I had a couple free passes from seeing the warren miller film this year in philly. Also because figured it would be a decent place for my gf (first timer today) to go. Got to the mountain at about 2ish, got the rentals for her and got to the slopes. Overall its a very small place, but has a nice feeling to it other than the skiers in jeans.... Old time lodge and lifts. The whole mountain only has basically 5 or 6 ways down. Snow was nice and did get some untracked powder on the sides of the trails when I wasnt helping her out. By the time 5 rolled around the school kids were piling in and we decided to leave. Probably got about 12 runs in with her and she did well for her first time. Just not much vert in those 12 runs as its only about 400 feet of it. They do have 2 terrain parks for those who care. One small and the other medium with a decent flat box and a few other decent features. Overall it would be a great place to take someone who has never skied or rode before to teach them during the day on a weekday, but other than that, would much rather go someplace else.