Lake Placid

beachiegirl2ski

it all depends on who's going and what everyone likes but there is a ton to do and i don't think we've done anything that wasn't fun, some stuff is kinda boring but it's all fun, if you can see ski jumping it's REALLY cool

we have a house up there so if you want to PM me i'll give you some more specific info

as kids we never liked going to see the ice rink, there is a bunch of history stuff there but it's not fun unless u can ice skate(which if you time right is doable) try to go to olympic park(something like that) and if you are lucky there is ski jumping and other cool stuff. if you've got some stuff in mind let me know and i'll let you know what ages liked it and what ages didn't

There is a private snow mobile tour about 25 min outside of lake placid that is supposed to be really fun. My dad and older brother rode for a half a day (which included lunch) and had a blast on a trip ealier this year. They provide the sled, and helmet. The snowmobile dealer in lake placid will point you in the right direction.

First off i just want to say i loved Lake Placid and Whiteface. The first day i got there me and my friend went snowboarding while my sister and here boyfriend went site seeing. They said that the ski jumping place was amazing, they went to the top of the towers and everything. If your luckey you could see them practicing. They then went to the bobsledding, which they said was also very cool and very fun. The torch is by the ski jumping, and from what my sister said, and from what i seen, it was not up to par of what i thought it would be. It looked like it was not even taken care of. The final thing they saw was the river and waterfalls, which was frozen over, but you could walk onto a bridge and come very close to the waterfalls.

Now for the mtn, Whiteface. It was an amazing mountain, by far the best mtn ive ever snowboarded on. It seemed like a lot of locals which was also nice. The gondola was very nice, becuase you could get nice and warm on it. Whiteface can get very, very cold, so i would recommend dressing heavy. Also you said that you had a 9 year old skiing with you, just to warn you they have some very hard trails there, so keep an eye on the type of trails (diamond,green, blue). Also dont be afraid to take her up to the top becuase they have a blue that is very easy that goes down.

Like I said, it was an amazing trip, and the best 3 days of my life.

funny i just came back from a long weekend up there they dont hav too much snow but more then down here at least the mt was good the park wasnt bad as far as sight seeing its up to u u could go see the jumps which r very tall and cool and the bobsleding and the ice rink and the convention center .... whiteface is a cool mt