fall from lift

romerider52

Hey man. I was waiting in line when it all happened. My girl was working the Quad @ the time it happened. Noone other then the kids he was on the chair with know what happened for him to end up hanging from the lift. All my girl knew is that when they got to him he was hanging from the SAFTEY BAR. How that happened/wtf he was doing we've got the least of ideas. They pulled some pads off the lift towers and light poles and he jumped down without injury and walked away,he walked by me on his way down and seemed fine. Not sure if he went and got checked out just in case or anything but from what I last heard he was fine.

...adam...

Hey man. I was waiting in line when it all happened. My girl was working the Quad @ the time it happened. Noone other then the kids he was on the chair with know what happened for him to end up hanging from the lift. All my girl knew is that when they got to him he was hanging from the SAFTEY BAR. How that happened/wtf he was doing we've got the least of ideas. They pulled some pads off the lift towers and light poles and he jumped down without injury and walked away,he walked by me on his way down and seemed fine. Not sure if he went and got checked out just in case or anything but from what I last heard he was fine.

...adam...

what a dumbass :banghead:rocks You almost have to try to fall off a lift, especially with the safety bar down.

...adam...

when did this happen? how old was the kid? it happened on the quad? how did they know he was hanging?

when did this happen? how old was the kid? it happened on the quad? how did they know he was hanging?

it happened last night (fri.) on the quad....im not sure how old was the kid i'd guess maybe 16 but he was just hanging off of the lift at the 1st pole...i'd say about 30 feet and then he just let go and dropped

Yeah that would be wierd to have to watch that later. That's good that he's fine. I'll have to tell my friend about this. He seems to think that falling from a lift is instant death, I said it's more likely to get a broken leg or two broken legs. He disagrees. At least I can tell him this story and I can be right. Glad that kid's okay though. :rock

it happened last night (fri.) on the quad....im not sure how old was the kid i'd guess maybe 16 but he was just hanging off of the lift at the 1st pole...i'd say about 30 feet and then he just let go and dropped

Like he said,it was around 30 feet from where he was to the ground. I know the quad operators and other employees that came to help him were mad,they were trying to make a big enough padded area for him so he wouldnt get hurt and he just dropped,didnt tell them. Oh well....Im still yet to figure out how this even happened......

..adam..

guys he didnt fall from 30 feet it was like 15 im guessing... none of the employees were pissed we just were happy that the kid was ok... and knowone knows how you can end up hanging from a safety bar?

no it was definetly 30 ft or so i thought because he fell right at one of the polls which are like 30 ft