CB 12/31 a better day

Timeless

So I was 14th in line for the chair at 8 this morning, and while they didn't actually let anyone on the lifts until 8.10, the conditions (and crowds) today were much (OK, a bit) improved over last week.

The cover was actually pretty good, but the grooming seems to be well below par at CB at the moment (new operators or just not a good enough base?).

Tut's was pretty sketchy again and the bottom of meadows was a bit of a mess, but Cleos, Marc and Honeymoon Lane were OK.

I managed 8 decent runs before my kids were delivered at 9.30, then I rode around behind my 6 year old for the rest of the morning while my (now flying) 10 year old enjoyed the "powder piles"

They seem to be blowing hard on Marjies, but not on the lower section so dont expect this to open anytime soon. It does look like they might open lower cleos soon though.

Wierd thing today was the crowds grew up till around 10.30 and then it was as if people decided to call it a day, the lines went back to nothing (less than 20 people at the quad) up til 11.30 when we left. The trails were busy but not unbearably so.

I was there this morning too. It was much better that the past couple times I was there, but I left at 10 because I didn't feel like dealing with the crowded slopes. I got close to first tracks on Upper Cleo when they opened it, unfortunately it was after they let us through at the top only to have patrolers by Big Pocono telling everyone that the groomers were still working. :banghead Now I'm looking froward to the next two weeks when I can ride all morning during the week without having to deal with the crowded trails (some more terrain would be nice too).

It looked like they were trying to open John Bailey and have been blowing on Marjie's, but they haven't been blowing on any connecting trails to Marjie's.