BC Trip--5 days until Ski trip to BC

mdskier

I wasn't too thrilled about going to BC with the 4 kids (see earlier post), but you guys are so enthusiastic about the place that I think I'll have fun. I usually ski Blue Knob. When I used to live in Bucks Cnty., I skied BC once (then Doe Mtn.,), and also went to Blue, JF and Elk. I think I also went to Denton, but only once. I went to Doe/BC with my girlfriend (now wife) and we had a great time.

If the last time you were at BC it was still Doe, you're in for one HUGE surprise. You won't recognize the place. To say they've made improvements is a ridiculous understatement. You can't help but have a great time. Hope you like to ride in the park. If not, you won't find a better place to learn. Have fun! :wiggle

It's a fun mountain but it's a bit small. We love it for half days (especially since it's so close) but any longer than that and for us it would get boring. It really depends on what you are looking for and what kind of skiiers/ riders you are. Go and try it out. Small or not you'll still be skiing.

if ur a park skier you will probly like bear alot but if ur mostly alpine you might get board neways its always fun just to get out on the snow

I'm more an alpine guy, but this trip is more for my son and his cousins. I want him to start boarding/skiing but he wouldn't take a lesson without company. So I came up with a scheme to take his three cousins. BC is closest to my sister. I want to ski all day because I'm not driving all the way up there to ski for only a few hours.

I hope to go to Blue Knob on President's day, maybe with son, maybe alone! Who knows. Blue Knob is fun and I usually go up from noon to close.

Next year, we are going to start an annual 4-day ski trip, probably to different mountains ea. year. By then, my youngest will be able to ski too!

Well, now its going to be 15 days until the trip with the kids! Due to the extreme cold <30 deg. predicted for Saturday, my sister and I decided that the kids would transform into a whiney mass of blue-faced malcontents just hours after hitting the slopes. So, we all agreed to go on the 24th instead (I cannot stand Pres-weekend crowds). The only stipulation is we are definitely going no matter what the temp. I hope it doesn't get too warm!