2/9/07 morning conditions

Timeless

Just a quick 10 runs for me this morning but conditions were generally excellent everywhere except the newly re-opened marc anthony top section which was crunchy crud, looks like they just plowed it rather than running a groomer over it.

Of the runs off of the sully I tried Tut's (very nice today), Asp (Excellent), Rocket (v.good as yesterday), Marjies (better today) and big pocono (even better today than yesterday although the surface "powder" seems quite thin).

Scooting over to the east side via Mark-Anthony, passing 2 very bored looking park crew at the top of the pipe, skipped over to raceway, then did ceasars to raceway (raceway was good today but not as stellar as it has been lately, can we have some more "blow-over" from the park guns please?), then pharaoh (excellent) into bactrian to finish.

Didn't have time to do cliffy or the now re-opened nile, I would have liked to have started over this side but the lift was shut down when I arrived (8.15). This was at least posted on the website so no real complaint here.

This weekend should be excellent conditions for anyone planning the trip up but do yourselves a favor and come early, get the best conditions and avoid the crowds for as long as possible.

A great way to blow out the morning cobwebs and start the day.

Also, thanks to the lady ranger for the offer of a pole at the top of ceasars, unnecessary but a nice gesture.

I was just reading my friend's weather update on his weather blog. (the dude is really into this stuff and usually accurate)

Well to add to my snowstorm comment above. (its kind of a cross post between the other condtion reports but this seems important enough)

***UPDATE 02/09/07 1430***

Well, FULL WEENIE MODE has been reached. After reviewing the major model noontime runs, my pulse went from a nice resting rate of 76 to I am sure triple digits. ALL of the major models, and even some of the more obscure models show a storm. Not just A storm, but a storm with a shitload of precipitation. Now, I am not saying that this is going to be the outcome, but the models and their outputs are as follows.....GFS (American Model) trended further north, puts us in significant snows 6"+. The Canadian Model absolutly destroys us, dropping between 2 and 3 feet....YEAH! And now, the latest major model out is the European model. I had wrote this morning about how the run last night was so far south, well, needless to say, it has now trended with the other models and destroys us as well......1-3 feet. Also, one of the funnier things I looked at today was at a model that historically is not that reliable, the JMA (Japenese model). This model has never really been that great, but back in 2003, this model was the first to predict the Presidents Day storm from 7 days out and never waivered.......and now, this model has the same track as the Canadian model and the Euro model. There is a saying too, that when all the foreign models agree, LOOK OUT! We have struck that period and we are now looking at a VERY SIGNIFICANT THREAT for MONDAY, TUESDAY and into WEDNESDAY....yes, this could actually be a three day event!!!!!!!!! I dont want to have my panzy meter fully pegged, but I will tell you all, this is the most excited I have been in a while for snow.......this very well could turn this winter into a very memorable winter. if things keep up, and the models are showing the same outcome Sunday Morning, I will officially be HONKING MAJOR STORM!!!! Until then, I am trying to control myself and keep composure. Wait till you watch the news tonight, they will be honking big time!!!! You heard it here first!!!!!!! Stay tuned.....I will continue to monitor the situation!!!!!!