Blue Knob TR

Lando

Cross posted from TGR - Sorry about the lack of action

So after hearing on here that some people wanted a PA TR calls were made and a plan formed to go to Blue Knob. My regular wingman, my cousin called me last night to tell me that he couldn't go as he had to wash the sand out of his vagina. Needless to say, not so many action shots as I have yet to figure out how to take pics of myself while skiing.

Originally, I thought the best part of the ride up would be the sweet fart I ripped near Harrisburg, then suddenly near Chambersburg it started to snow. Sandy vagina was called and told of sweet snow fall.

2000647907074955950_rs.jpg[/url]

Suddenly, it became much more important to get to the Knob by nine, it was time for ludicrous speed.

2000691237626744603_rs.jpg[/url]

In ludicrous speed it is easy to miss turns, luckily the signage was good.

2000635362828347242_rs.jpg[/url]

In Bradford county they don't belive in guardrails which made the road up ball tightining, at the end it eased up and led to this scene.

2000615177556470419_rs.jpg[/url]

I saw this line on the traverse to Stembogen and showing total disregard for my bases sent it. It was roughly 30 degrees and had boot top pow which is good for PA.

2000641213022138988_rs.jpg[/url]

Schralped

2000604638269578981_rs.jpg[/url]

Random McKnown in the Ditch Glades

2000614486391277529_rs.jpg[/url]

On the East Wall traverse I stumbled into a little line through the woods the snow hit knee high in here. The smile on my face as I hit the chair must have been contagious as I soon had followers.

2000699224592088932_rs.jpg[/url]

Billy Mcnobody enjoying all my hard work.

2000614273466461669_rs.jpg[/url]

2000633365367157653_rs.jpg[/url]

The rest of the day was spent ripping sweet sections like this.

2006152026642457765_rs.jpg[/url]

The world famous Stembogen bowl.

2006192943914676123_rs.jpg[/url]

Seriously, this day rocked next time I promise more action. If you ever get lost on the way to somewere cool check the place out short sections rival the bush and mrg, no shit and I skiied everywhere from Pennsylvania to Transylvania.

2006116852012017632_rs.jpg[/url]

Edited by Lando

Nice photo report. Thanks for the laughs! Looks like you had a good time shreddin' between some of the larch. I love the Turnpike photos. That's a great tunnel shot!

BTW, welcome to PASR. There are a few of us who get over to Blue Knob.

Edited by volklyokel

Nice photo report. Thanks for the laughs! Looks like you had a good time shreddin' between some of the larch. I love the Turnpike photos. That's a great tunnel shot!

BTW, welcome to PASR. There are a few of us who get over to Blue Knob.

Thanks, good to see you get out of the state a little. The gate and side country off Mt. Clayton peak at Brighton is one of my favorite fun areas and the Baisn can be fun. Do you live in Utah? I got a house in Sandy.

Thanks, good to see you get out of the state a little. The gate and side country off Mt. Clayton peak at Brighton is one of my favorite fun areas and the Baisn can be fun. Do you live in Utah? I got a house in Sandy.
I live in MD, but I am blessed to have a sister who lives in Riverton, and who has an extra car. I'm heading out on 3/1 and hope to hit Brighton, Snowbasin, Solitude, and two days with a combined Alta/Snowbird pass. I love the stuff on the face off the Milli chair when its a good pow day. And I've got to go down Honeycomb Canyon, this year, over at Solitude. I just hope it snows a ton in the next week, its been below average this year.

Well up until last week you were right but your going at the right time.

zan-face-web.jpg

THIS WINTER STORM WARNING IS FOR THE WASATCH MOUNTAINS OF

NORTHERN UTAH...THE WESTERN UINTA MOUNTAINS...AND THE WASATCH

MOUNTAIN VALLEYS.

SNOWFALL TOTALS OF 1 TO 2 FEET ARE EXPECTED IN THE WASATCH AND

WESTERN UINTA MOUNTAINS BY LATE FRIDAY NIGHT WITH AMOUNTS OF 5 TO

10 INCHES IN THE WASATCH MOUNTAIN VALLEYS.

SNOW.HEAVY AT TIMES...WILL DEVELOP EARLY THIS MORNING...AND

PERSIST THROUGHOUT MUCH OF THE DAY. THIS SNOW WILL LINGER THROUGH

THE EVENING HOURS ACROSS THE HIGHER TERRAIN...PARTICULARLY ALONG

NORTHWEST FACING SLOPES. THIS SNOW IS EXPECTED TO TAPER OFF AFTER

MIDNIGHT.

With more to come on Saturday... FKNA

But stay out of the BC, the conditions couldn't possibly get any better for creating huge killer slides - bone dry, fairly cold January formed tons of rotten sugar + now we're getting lots of snow and lots of wind forming lots of stubborn hard slabs + add a little daytime heating and a trigger (suicidal skier/sledder) = instant death. It was super windy yeterday - today we're supposed to get up to 18" - saturday night another big storm is supposed to move in. Have fun