TR:Dec 1 2007

romemadman

so my friends and i decided to make our way to hunter this weekend cuz we couldnt wait any longer to ride nad figured why not hutner since we could stay overnight at our friends condo.

We left Rumson NJ arond 5:30, there was almost no traffic on the parkway and thruway, made a quick stop at dunkin doughnuts at a rest then continued on and made it up there by about 8:45 to be hit by snow snow one the way to the mtn but it soon stoped once we walked into the condo and were the only ppl awake. Got our passes, there was noone in line, and got our first chair of the season, we met up with our friend who rips, prob the best girl i have seen on a snowboard, not bad looking either. We did laps off of the summit quad down HBK(hell gate, broadway, kennedy) it was very good early, until the snow began to get skiied off but it wasnt terrible ice, i would have been better off had my edges werent dull. the crowds were not bad at all, never had to wait longer than 30 secs for a chair, but a full day ticket was $48! we were pissed when we found that out but delt with it cuz we came to ride.

Belt parkway, and another and another handfull of trails were open. the problem with belt was they had very tower mounted fan gun blowing on it and the snow froze to your goggles and you coulnt wipe it off, high winds didnt help. If the guns were off it would have been better and my face probably wouldn't have been frozen. there was some nice fast manmade snow off to the sides that was good becuase it was about 17 degrees on the mtn early in the morning. We went back for lunch then went back out for a little but longer doing about 4 laps then deciding to call it a day becuase most of the snow was skiied off.

Woke up this morning to about inch+ on the ground and still comming down, but we decided to leave, we thought about skiing for a few hours then heading home but not everyon had enough money. I was bummed we were missing out on the snow and minimal wind, but in all it was a good trip, lots of funny/ rediculous moments. No regrets either