TR- 2-2-08

rgrwilco

let me first say this. i went to shawnee because it was the most affordable place to ride on the weekend. and because i like their park usually. but holy shit words cannot describe what goes on in the park there. i saw a fight almost break out because a guy decided to ski up a landing from the side last minuit and almost got landed on.

the bc forums have been ablaze about noobs/gapers in the parks. go to shawnee, and leave thankful. that being said, the few times i was not snaked or i just gave up on waiting for the landing to clear, i was impressed. the jumps were weird though. they were all shaped like bears anti jump, but angled up(no lip). the rails look ghetto as hell but were really fun. the trails are fun. theres just something about shawnee i like, but its not weekend crowds. im talking last thanksgiving at killington crowds. chaos. people landing on people, neon everywhere. people deciding the trails too steep, than walking down the CENTER of the trail. shawnee has their own version of cb's ranger patrol, but they never bothered doing anything.

as for the conditions-mashed potatos with skins. the beginner park had no gapers/noobs really, but the "expert" park did. i dont get it. cut the damn pipe too so you can actually air out. also, if any shawnee reps read this and want to hire someone to just go around and fish people out of the woods, ill do it. if every weekend is like today, id be busy open to close.

let me first say this. i went to shawnee because it was the most affordable place to ride on the weekend. and because i like their park usually. but holy shit words cannot describe what goes on in the park there. i saw a fight almost break out because a guy decided to ski up a landing from the side last minuit and almost got landed on.

the bc forums have been ablaze about noobs/gapers in the parks. go to shawnee, and leave thankful. that being said, the few times i was not snaked or i just gave up on waiting for the landing to clear, i was impressed. the jumps were weird though. they were all shaped like bears anti jump, but angled up(no lip). the rails look ghetto as hell but were really fun. the trails are fun. theres just something about shawnee i like, but its not weekend crowds. im talking last thanksgiving at killington crowds. chaos. people landing on people, neon everywhere. people deciding the trails too steep, than walking down the CENTER of the trail. shawnee has their own version of cb's ranger patrol, but they never bothered doing anything.

as for the conditions-mashed potatos with skins. the beginner park had no gapers/noobs really, but the "expert" park did. i dont get it. cut the damn pipe too so you can actually air out. also, if any shawnee reps read this and want to hire someone to just go around and fish people out of the woods, ill do it. if every weekend is like today, id be busy open to close.

haha i just got a kick out of watching people fly down the mountain and into the woods =). it was a fun trip, i mus admit.