TR 02/16/08

sexkitten

Went to BC today and overall it was a COLD, slow, day. We got there around 7:30 AM and grabbed a spot in the second row (YAY!). We hung in the car till the ticket window opened at 7:45, then hung some more, then booted up, then hung some more... get it? The lifts opened at exactly 8:30 with a tiny crowd and we were on one of the first chairs which was kinda cool. Since Timberline is always closed when we ski BC we hightailed it over there for our first few runs. I have to say that TL was a bit bipolar today having both fast, fresh cord and sticky, slow, freshly blown snow. The combination was... interesting. Honestly it was a bit difficult for me to ski fast but sort of fun and a learning experience at the same time. After Timberline we stuck to that side of the hill for a while. The two blacks over there were really good... probably the best of the day. The snow was hard pack with a nice, little crust of granular powder. Fast, fun and empty... my favorite conditions for sure. Most of the other trails had a good bit of freshly blown snow (they stopped blowing at 8:15 and didn't groom most of the new stuff) which kinda sucked cause it totally puts the breaks on when you hit it. I know new snow is a necessary evil so I shouldn't really complain but it bummed me out so I'm going to. I HATE NEWLY BLOWN SNOW! Ok... I'm done. The exception to this was the trail leading up to the F chair which I don't know the name of. It was pretty crusty and icy but not so much that it was unskiable. We really didn't stick around too long today because honestly most of the mountain was chalky and too sloooooow for our liking. At 10:30 AM when we left the weren't really any lift lines to speak of and there wasn't really a crowd at the ticket window or rental area either. I guess I'll say thanks to BC for today... I'm not sure what for since the conditions weren't the best today but thanks anyway.

Oh... I almost forgot... the lifties were checking passes like a mutha. We saw a lady lose her off peak pass down at the F chair and a couple of boarders get booted for not having a pass at all. AND I saw BCMark but didn't get to introduce myself cause he was gone by the time I got back to the lifts. Oh well.

Went to BC today and overall it was a COLD, slow, day. We got there around 7:30 AM and grabbed a spot in the second row (YAY!). We hung in the car till the ticket window opened at 7:45, then hung some more, then booted up, then hung some more... get it? The lifts opened at exactly 8:30 with a tiny crowd and we were on one of the first chairs which was kinda cool. Since Timberline is always closed when we ski BC we hightailed it over there for our first few runs. I have to say that TL was a bit bipolar today having both fast, fresh cord and sticky, slow, freshly blown snow. The combination was... interesting. Honestly it was a bit difficult for me to ski fast but sort of fun and a learning experience at the same time. After Timberline we stuck to that side of the hill for a while. The two blacks over there were really good... probably the best of the day. The snow was hard pack with a nice, little crust of granular powder. Fast, fun and empty... my favorite conditions for sure. Most of the other trails had a good bit of freshly blown snow (they stopped blowing at 8:15 and didn't groom most of the new stuff) which kinda sucked cause it totally puts the breaks on when you hit it. I know new snow is a necessary evil so I shouldn't really complain but it bummed me out so I'm going to. I HATE NEWLY BLOWN SNOW! Ok... I'm done. The exception to this was the trail leading up to the F chair which I don't know the name of. It was pretty crusty and icy but not so much that it was unskiable. We really didn't stick around too long today because honestly most of the mountain was chalky and too sloooooow for our liking. At 10:30 AM when we left the weren't really any lift lines to speak of and there wasn't really a crowd at the ticket window or rental area either. I guess I'll say thanks to BC for today... I'm not sure what for since the conditions weren't the best today but thanks anyway.

Oh... I almost forgot... the lifties were checking passes like a mutha. We saw a lady lose her off peak pass down at the F chair and a couple of boarders get booted for not having a pass at all. AND I saw BCMark but didn't get to introduce myself cause he was gone by the time I got back to the lifts. Oh well.

freshly blow snow does get VERY sticky. just be greatful you didnt face plant on flat. you might have seen me in the park from the lift. i had some yellow pants on mostly with park crew.

..so you'll be at Blue tomorrow??

With bells on. OK probably not with actual bells on but we'll definitely be there. I kinda miss skiing with the Blue crew...especially you.

freshly blow snow does get VERY sticky. just be grateful you didn't face plant on flat. you might have seen me in the park from the lift. i had some yellow pants on mostly with park crew.

I saw you girl. Next time I'll introduce myself and we'll do a run or two.

Edited by sexkitten