Hike park, and suggestions

Another Wall

good idea, jus find a place to do it. they really ditchin the half pipe next year?

I also thinkt hat if they could throw a t bar on the side of one park ud reduce lift lines, n u could still hit whatever rail u wanted.

Where i go in norway n even in vermont they had a t bar goin up a little "rail garden" n its like hikin up only u dont gotta hike. savin u boarders unstrapin.

Yeah actually my brother posted this, but I completely agree. Honestly where ever it fits would be good, and all that should be set up is some small flat rails and maybe a couple variations, like a flat down A frame etc. Maybe a tire bonk.

So pretty much you want the family park which we already have?

well the pipe is open today we will see how it is it only took them 85 days to open it

"keep in mind we have had better blowing conditons this year and last year we closed on day 85 i think"

i don't think the pipe has much potential at bear

put a hikable park in

You have got to be the most pessimistic person on this website...do you even enjoy snowboarding?

And they have a hikable park.

Edited by burton71

Well the thing is it's not a concept like the family park, I said this in the last thread about this make it something like the ole rail park at killington set up a 3 plateau set up and an in run above the first one and on the down of each plateau have a line up of maybe 2 or 3 features that you can hit; so it's kind of like a rail jam set up only it's something you can just session all day because those set ups are soo good when I was up at killington last year I ended up riding theirs for like 2 and a half hours it was just so good. Besides it would give them a chance to bring back features that have been absent lately maybe put in that super fat pipe on a down slant up and out of the snow, a flat down maybe put the concrete ledge on a down slant.

I mean after that rail jam a week ago I tried hiking the flat down set up and it was a lot of fun... until some really nasty courtesy patrol guy yelled at us then got ski patrol to come over who told us he didn't care but because someone complained he had to tell us to leave; Beat out come but a fun thing while it lasted.

i have been happy with mostly everything
Dude have have had something negative to say about almost everything from when they blow snow to the 1/4 pipe and now the 1/2 pipe.

just think with the crappy weather bear should be done with the pipe

be realistic it took them 85 days to open it

Because of the crappy weather they didn't even try and open it till a little while ago. And they had awesome features in the pipe area till it opened. Plus they have said that they are going to make more of an effort this year on maintaining the pipe then in previous years.

the quarter pipe sucks when there isn't snow pushed up to it 75% of people agree with me

brighton had somthing like the quater pipe but it didn't pop out like the quarter pipe

and i didn't say anything that bad about the pipe i just said it is a waste of snow and i would rather have a rail garden in their then have to wait 3/4 the year for a pipe that will probly make it 20 days

So pretty much you want the family park which we already have?

The Family park is not set up like a hike park the run is too long and a hike park should be near an entrance to the mountain. Also the rails and boxes in the family park are too short to learn anything. im talking some low but legit rails and boxes something along the lines of the urban style wide red rail at the bottom of the mountain: perfect rail to hike, or a long box. and definately something to stall on like the bleacher box would be perfect in a hike park. in the regular parks it breaks the flow of your line.

Just copy boulders plaza, its already been said. I'll spend at least 30-45 mins there every time I go to boulder haha, its a simple concept and whoever said to put it where the learning center is correct. Move the learning center to the new bunny slope under the triple lift. Have it double terrace instead of one wide setup and you'll have no space issues.

for the hike park have it one wide ass rail garden with a single, flat and kink rail, 25 foot box, flat down box, butter box. and throw a weird object in there to bonk on making it 7 items total would be heaven, and would keep the newbz outta the other parks for learning to "grind" in turn keeping the landings on black bear and cascade in better condition overall allowing the park crew to work even less (haha jk).

almost every day i've been there this season (and i've been like 20+ days), you could have walked up and gotten on any of the lifts without paying.

if it was where the learning center is people could walk up and do it with out paying which i doubt bear will let happen.