Amazing

Glenn

Ok, just had to say that it was amazing tonight. I got up there at 6:15 and rode till close. It was the best snow I've ever ridden (though I haven't ridden anything outside the east coast and only as north as hunter preseason this year). Anyways, there was tons of powder everywhere. A few trails were scraped off, but nile was beautiful, raceway was full of these huge piles of snow that just exploded when you went through them, pretty much any green cruiser was to die for. The blacks had big fluffy piles of snow, but a little to much ice between them for me to think it worth while to ride them. Big pocono opened yesterday, and from what I hear sucked, but it was fantastic today. I know a lot of people probobly didn't want to go out in the weather, but it was so worth it. I hope a few others were able to enjoy the wonderful conditions. Oh, and btw it was really empty, not that I expected it to be crowded, but there was hardly any one there. Awsome night. It's going to be hard to beat this one.

I went Shawnee (first time) yesterday 'cos some of the guys at work are pass holders, the conditions were amazing and it was very, very quiet (as was CB the previous night when big pocono did indeed suck

:bj ).

A few observations about Shawnee:

Whilst lacking in absolute vertical, their runs make good use of it with the black bits at the bottom, which was quite cool as you got a nice cruising run and then some big drops at the bottom.

The park looks amazing, not being competent enough to hit much myself, I'll not pass judgment. I can say though that there are many more features than at CB and it has a really nice flow from top to bottom. You park peeps should be very happy with it.

There was very little difference between thier blues and greens, maybe because both had big piles of new snow being blown on them.

All in, I had a lot of fun, as did the ski-boys I went with. I will no longer make any negative comments about Shawnee.

I was there all day yesterday and the snow quality was like a day out west. I think the trails were empty because it was so cold in the morning. It was not until after 2 when things warmed up enough to really to start and enjoy it.

We were running Raceway a lot and some of the middle more forgoten trails like Oak Grove just make turns on fresh powder.

Yesterday was one of the better days ever at Camelback with snow quality. Days like that only happen a few times each season but yesterday the snow seemed to be extra dry and light.

Looks like a great weekend on tap too.

I went Shawnee (first time) yesterday 'cos some of the guys at work are pass holders, the conditions were amazing and it was very, very quiet (as was CB the previous night when big pocono did indeed suck

:bj ).

Let me get this straight...You are compairing a trail the day it opened (trails the day they open are always bad, due to the snowmaking 'balls' that get left on them) to a mountain the day of a snowstorm?

Doesn't quite seem like it is even :no

Let me get this straight...You are compairing a trail the day it opened (trails the day they open are always bad, due to the snowmaking 'balls' that get left on them) to a mountain the day of a snowstorm?

Doesn't quite seem like it is even  :no

Dont get me wrong, I love most of the trails at CB and Big Poc' is one of my favourites, somebody just mentioned that it wasn't very good on opening day and I was agreeing.

Are you sure you're not Dave K??? :P

It seems that the snowfall did alot of good to most of the pocono hills, bring on the weekend storm.... :rock

Are you sure you're not Dave K??? :P

It seems that the snowfall did alot of good to most of the pocono hills, bring on the weekend storm.... :rock

Ummm I only weigh like 165-170...So I think that alone seperates the 2 of us...And uhh I ski fast :P

Anyway I was just saying a general rule of thumb...The first day a trail opens (after snowmaking) wether it is at CB, blue, BB, JF, Elk, Hunter, Etc it will have a ton of tennis ball sized chunks of snow/ice/crap that are awful to try and get any angles on.

And we need more snow, I agree :rock

Ummm I only weigh like 165-170...So I think that alone seperates the 2 of us...And uhh I ski fast :P

Anyway I was just saying a general rule of thumb...The first day a trail opens (after snowmaking) wether it is at CB, blue, BB, JF, Elk, Hunter, Etc it will have a ton of tennis ball sized chunks of snow/ice/crap that are awful to try and get any angles on.

And we need more snow, I agree :rock

went to CB this morning and condtions were unbelievable. The best this season. perfect packed powder. i skied almost every trail twice and the only one that had any ice on it was rocket. even pharoh was in the best shape ever. which suprised me :rock

Things were still better than normal this evening, but there was more alot more ice than yesterday. If you found the right areas, you could still ride some nice powder today. A few places there was a foot plus, real snow not blown. It was just a matter of finding the correct edge of the trail, and hugging the tree line.