lib tech skate banana?

JibHonk

i'm not sure if this is the right thread for this but i believe so. Any way i'll be at boulder this saturday i was really thinking about buying a libtech skatebanana, but wanted to try it before i buy it cuz i'm not sure of the magnetraction. if anybody is willing to let me test theres out i'd appreciate it

no i just dont understand what it does so i want to feel it for myself because i've lots of good things about it but would like to try it out first

Move to gear?

It makes initiating turns and butters easier. With a normal camber board when you roll into a turn the nose has to be bent in the opposite direction of its normal shape to go. With the "reversed camber" the board initates the turn easier because it is already pointing in the direction you want to ultimately go. Same thing for butters, before you had to bend it a few degrees through the camber and then get into a butter, now you are basically already started. It doesn't seem like much but it makes a difference.

There is nothing inherently right about the camber of most boards. If you start with a blank slate I think you are more likely to end up with a "reverse camber" board than a "normal camber" board, except that when they first start composites where not as well understood as they are today, and the normal camber helped with pop and stiffness. Now there are ways to do that with the core selection and composites used such that the pre-bent shape is no longer necessary.

i wasnt sure if it should be in gear because i wanted to try it at BIG BOULDER

Trust me I'm literate but the skate bannana isn't all that common and some people don't read all of the mountain forums. If someone said, sure I have one but I only ride at Blue are you going to say no? You are the one asking for a favor. As actual Mervin Manufacturing demo days are non-existant on the east coast (afaik), finding someone who has one is pretty much your only shot at demoing it.

There is definitely a PASR member with a skate banana but I forget who.