New (but not really) gear review

Glenn

Myself: 155lbs, 5'9, Size 9 boot

2008 Pantera LX 159

The board loves to go fast and has the stability to do so. It's so bombing groomers, open pow, steep chutes, or skipping through big turns in mogul fields. When you get it in open snow where you can let it go fast, it does what it's supposed to. Plenty of float, effortless turns, oh and it stomps drops without flinching.

That being said, it's a directional board. It's next to worthless switch. Also, at slower speeds the pintail is worthless and the '59 is a bit cumbersome in the trees. For an all mountain board, it's not as good as I would have hoped. For a powder board on steeps, which is what I bought it for, it's perfect.

For $305 shipped on ebay, it's hard to beat what this board offers. Assuming riding style matches the boards strengths.

2008 MFM Technine Bindings Large

The bindings ride very well. They are a pinch heavy and the screws fall out (there are a ton of them). I think some screw tight will fix the problem. At around $100 from WM these were a no brainer.