1/11 TR

Melissa

My friend drove up from Philadelphia today to snowboard. She picked me up around 9:20, which was awesome, because I'm not sure if I could have gotten my car out. We made it there by 9:30. While we were booting up, we realized how freezing it was. Of course, being the irresponsible person that I am, I had left my mittens in the trunk of my car and when I went to get them out (before my friend picked me up) they were frozen. Then, I realized that, althought I thought that it was, my hair was not completely dry, which becomes obvious when one is in 20 degree weather. SO, the point of all this is that I had my usual layers on today but I was still FREEZING.

This was my friend's first time on the snow this year, and she is still a beginner snowboarder, so we did the green circles for a while. I got extra cold because the lift seats were covered in ice. After a while, we went in and had a diet coke and soft pretzel. My friend went back out to ski, but I stayed in to try to warm up. I had a beer at the bar, but I was still cold (was hoping alcohol would do the trick--damn!). Finally I sucked it up and went back out.

We then moved over to the blue squares and did them. I had to work had to stay warm, because with my friend, I spend a fair amount of time waiting for her (which isn't a big deal, but that is how I get cold). After a while, we started doing Whistler to Lower Runway (the one next to Cannonball), which was SO FUN. Lower Runway had really good snow on it. Then we did Cannonball a few times. My friend is improving, but she still needs to work on carving instead of doing the falling leaf thing (or whatever they call it in snowboarding). We headed out around 4pm, so we put in a full day.

Oh, finally saw Ski this season, can't believe it's this far in and I hadn't seen him yet! FYI, they were blowing on a bunch of trails.

Time to warm up!

This was my friend's first time on the snow this year, and she is still a beginner snowboarder, so we did the green circles for a while. I got extra cold because the lift seats were covered in ice. After a while, we went in and had a diet coke and soft pretzel. My friend went back out to ski, but I stayed in to try to warm up. I had a beer at the bar, but I was still cold (was hoping alcohol would do the trick--damn!). Finally I sucked it up and went back out.

Should have had a shot of whiskey. That would have warmed you up!

GRILL STEEZE don't freeken jynx it, last time I said in a thread "Weather looks great" we wound up getting a washout a week later so uhh knock on some wood or w/e because if it rains two weeks from now its your fault! lol jk but seriously knock on some wood just in case.

I got that foursquare XL white Goose down coat with a fur hood so big I can fit a helmet under! i was up sunday, i only wore a t-shirt under and it kept me warm all day...

Nice report, i'm going up anyway, the chairs were iced up on sunday too, I've been up to sno every day they've been open this year!

I didn't ski all weekend.

I've seen ski at least 3 times this year.