Pro Riders

ectobar

Anyone know of a site that lists what gear the pros are using? I've done some googling but am coming up short.

Obviously I understand that they will ride the gear of their sponsor, but I'm interested in gear they actually choose.

For instance, I've read a good deal of pros are rocking burton bindings even though they aren't sponsored by burton.

I don't know of anything that lists it in one place. Depending on the level of their sponsorship, they could get dropped for competing or getting photographed in other manufacturers gear.

I've seen some pictures of riders with bindings with the name scratched off...I'll see if I can dig something up.

I figured it would be a tough to find out this info without some serious research, just thought I'd ask.

Yeah brah, I am basically a pro, and what we do is scratch that stuff of so we don't get in trouble. The sponsor we ride for may not have the best or most favorite gear, but they do pay the bills. So what most dudes that I know do is rock what they like so they can keep their level and surpass it.

My bet is the pro's are most likely rocking next years gear and/or Tech, depending on how big they are that is... I say this because at the rev tour last year this guy was wearing this years burtons blue and purple two piece and we were asking him about it and he showed us next years board (no clue what it was but it was burton) all I remember is it had no camber and he did pretty well.

Edited by davieclauss

My bet is the pro's are most likely rocking next years gear and/or Tech, depending on how big they are that is... I say this because at the rev tour last year this guy was wearing this years burtons blue and purple two piece and we were asking him about it and he showed us next years board (no clue what it was but it was burton) all I remember is it had no camber and he did pretty well.

Yea and that spreads beyond just the pro's, there are testers and employees as well. You can find a lot of next years gear on the hill if you know what you are looking for. The number of pros rocking Burton bindings seems to be insane.