openin

lumilautailija

at the video premier they said they have plans of a hike park but if they can open they will just open because last year they were 6hrs of snowmaking away from opening when we had the hike park i guess.

Can you just pick up your season pass info the first day you board?

• 2 weeks later...

There is no way Bear is going to open the same time it did last year. It was like summer out today. I'll have a chat with the Mother and see if she can throw us a bone. I am not promising anything though.

I agree, seriously, it is still warm enough to walk around in shorts and a tee shirt man.

but if the forcast right now is right it they can definately start blowing like this week

For sure, the numbers cant be that far off seeing that it's only a few days away, and if we can get a few hours of snowmaking for a few nights in a row we can have ourselves a hike park like last year

Oh well, if i recall correctly last year was their earliest opening so it kind of spoiled us

It was close but I don't think so... they were saying that if they opened the week before thanksgiving.. but we had that warm up which prevented snowmaking.

I'm just looking at the forecasts and its just depressing. It's not looking all too good but.. It looks like snowmaking will be possible Friday-Tuesday before a warmup, although the ass end could be 24-hour snowmakin..some natural stuff then maybe thursday, and another day of snowmaking before another warmup again.

If that holds true BC should be open by next week.. and they'll just have to take advantage of what time they'll have. Obviously they want to open up as badly as we want them to. The longer they have to wait, the less profits. And from what I heard.. they did VERY well last year.