12/22 TR

Brian

It was pretty cold up top, only made one run down Mainline via Iron Horse.

But the park on Spike looked very sweet. The jumps were cleanly cut, and they had many rails and whatnot.

Over on Mainline they had a bunch of smaller boxes and rails set up. I sped right past them because I was too cold to try any, heh.

Northface was in great shape as usual. The snow was soft on White Lightning and Smoke. Boomer and Cannonball were almost as good.

The long-trail side of the mountain wasn't open yet (Runaway and Fast-Track).

The Lazy River covering is almost done, but they still have a small path you have to use to get from the Shuttle side to the Bunny Slope Lift side.

Trees: They did plant a whole lot of trees.

Bad news is this first batch of trees don't contribute to any wind-blockage on the top of the mountain. They're not trail separators either.

Good news is they're really pretty. There are some on the side of the bunny slope near the wave pool and Tornado slide (you can see on the webcam). But the real nice ones are at the top of Phoebe. They have them decorated in blue lights and it just looks awesome.

The Ski Corner Shop:

It's tough to compare stock from one year to the next.. but I'm pretty sure their selection is much greater. Less "Sn

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1