Last day of 2009 at CB 12/31/09

DiMe

What a surprise it was to wake up this morning at 7:30 and see what looked like white out conditions out the window as soon as my eyes opened. I threw my stuff on grabbed my gear and hit the road.

It must have started snowing just after sunrise, the roads weren't treated one bit.

post-1078-126228220926_thumb.jpg

post-1078-126228218949_thumb.jpg

I was stoked to see 80 was pretty white and what little traffic was moving at a slow steady pace. The snow seemed to have deterred people from coming out to the hill this morning.

post-1078-126228231521_thumb.jpg

I was to busy scrambling for first tracks to get any good shots on the mountain this morning. Cliffhanger was money at 8:45 got a couple face shots on the way down Pharoah and Bactrain were equally tasty. Things got tracked up pretty quick but there was plenty of stashes in the woods and on the sides. Best Pocono pow day of the season thus far I would say considering the snow fell after grooming was already done, JADIP :wub:

post-1078-126228246603_thumb.jpg

post-1078-12622824738_thumb.jpg

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE
  • Like 1

how were/are crowds?

Yesterday was out of this world horrible but today I left at 11:45 and they weren't bad at all even. Little wait at Sullivan, barely a wait at Stevenson and no wait on the Bailey.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE