Buckman's Boulder Bash 2/20/10

Buckman's Boulder Bash '10 - A slopestyle!

Put it on your schedule now!

Saturday, February 20th at Big Boulder.

Online registration will be available in the next day or two. Visit buckmans.com and click on retail stores. There will be a link on the retail page for registration.

Same format as last year. A slopestyle event. 2 judged runs per contestant with scores averaged. Top 10 in each division advance to finals. Helmets mandatory!

Divisions:

Open Skier

Open Snowboarder

Women's combined (ski and snowboard)

Grommet combined (12 and under - ski and snowboard)

Open Classes are for cash. $5,000 total cash purse to be paid out!

Combined classes for product. $10,000 total in product and give-a-ways throughout the day!

Registration is $20 online up to 2/14. If space available it's $25 on-site day of.

You will need a lift ticket! It is up to you to provide one. We sell discount tickets if you need.

We will limit this event to 100 competitors! Sign up early!

Info for day of:

Event Check in is 8am - 9:30am

Practice is 9:30am - 11:00am

Event begins at 11:30am

questions? Email me

post-1481-126392814871_thumb.jpg

there is only one thing i hate about this comp, and thats the fact that there is a womens combined category. I believe that you should never combine skiing and snowboarding into the same judgement level. What scores higher (using amplitude, style, difficulty judging) a 540 on skis or 540 on a snowboard? can you really get fair judging?

I guess i also feel this way because i don't feel snowboarding should really be judged, Im more of a film type rider rather than a comp rider. I Don't really agree with snowboarding being an Olympic sport either, But everyones entitled to their own opinion.

Online Registration is officially open!

2 options -

One is just registration

The other is registration plus a lift ticket

You decide! Regardless, you must have a valid lift ticket for 2/20 to compete.

Also everyone needs to bring a completed liability release to check-in.

Questions? E-mail me.

why are girls skiing and boarding combined?

Always how we do it. Same with the Grommets.

Don't get enough of each (women's skiers vs women's boarders, grommet skiers vs grommet boarders) to warrant separate divisions and prizes. It would mean 2 more divisions and 6 more winners which would take prizes and cash out of the hands of the other divisions.

If the women's division or the grommet division grows then we will consider it in coming years.

Reminder, registration is open and going briskly. don't miss out register now! On-site registration most likely will not be available.

-John

there is only one thing i hate about this comp, and thats the fact that there is a womens combined category. I believe that you should never combine skiing and snowboarding into the same judgement level. What scores higher (using amplitude, style, difficulty judging) a 540 on skis or 540 on a snowboard? can you really get fair judging?

I guess i also feel this way because i don't feel snowboarding should really be judged, Im more of a film type rider rather than a comp rider. I Don't really agree with snowboarding being an Olympic sport either, But everyones entitled to their own opinion.

Competition is fine. I don't care to compete, but competition helps progress the sports more.

I ordered online and it never prompted me for my information only my dads for payment.

Sorry, it's supposed to ask you to put the competitors info in the ship to or the notes section of the order.

I will e-mail everyone in a week or so to verify competitors name, age, etc... so no worries. As long as the e-mail you entered is vaild all will be good.

See ya on Feb 20th!

-John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...